BatB 2017: my post-curse headcanons/possible fanfic prompts
• Maurice arrives several hours after the curse is broken, both worried about Belle and curious how everything turned out. He realized that something good has happened about half-way through his journey when he had no trouble finding his way to the castle and no unexpected weather changes await him.
• Adam apologizes sincerely to Maurice for imprisoning him and calling him a thief. Maurice says shortly “Apology accepted” and immediately continues “So, where is that gentleman who was a clock? I need to ask him some things!” (Maurice and Cogsworth become friends. Sometimes they go fishing together. They rarely talk, just enjoy comfortable silence.)
• That first night after the curse is broken, the formerly enchanted people make sure there is light in most of the rooms and at least one of them is awake at all time. They don’t talk about it, but the fear that they might never wake up and become lifeless objects is still very strong. The only two creatures who have no trouble sleeping anytime and anywhere are Froufrou (the dog) and Chip.
• Most of the previously enchanted people have nightmares occasionally but Adam’s are worst of all. His mind keeps replaying him the long hours after Belle left. The feeling of despair when he was certain he doomed both himself and people he cared about. And heartbreak that he is never going to see the woman he loves again.
• He doesn’t mention anything to Belle at first but she notices that something is amiss when most mornings he greets her with obvious relief he sees her and she notices dark circles under his eyes. After he tells her, she begins to sneak into the West Wing in the night, so everytime Adam wakes up, she is right there next to him.
• Belle has her share of nightmares as well, though they don’t occur that often. She dreams she is locked up either by Gaston or the villagers, knowing that Adam is out there somewhere fighting for his life or dying. In her nightmares, she can never reach him on time.
• This sleeping arrangement is actually pretty hard to maintain because their rooms are not exactly close. And while Adam and Belle might be technically engaged, they don’t want the whole castle to know that Belle spends most of the nights in the West Wing (even if not much occurs between them physically). *imagine the fanfiction possibilities here :D*
• Belle is mostly worried her father might find out. She explains to Adam that while Maurice is a kind, understanding father, she doesn’t want to have a conversation “I sleep in my fiancé’s room because we have bad dreams” with him. When Adam chuckles at it, she says with a deadpan face “He knows how to use that screwdriver”. Adam can’t tell if she’s kidding or seriously suggesting that her kindly looking father might physically hurt him.
Feel free to add your own BatB 2017 headcanons.