Cheesy Kale and Sweet Potato Pasta (vegan)
Hi everyone! Here’s a quick dish I’ve been loving lately. I know any Italians out there will be screaming at their screen because one-pot pasta dishes are pretty blasphemous. But I love how quickly and easily you can put a pasta dish together for a speedy dinner or even to pack for lunch when you’re in a rush.
- 4 oz pasta (Alternatively you can use more pasta and just add more liquid as you go)
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup water (add more if needed)
- 1 cup diced sweet potato (the smaller you cut up your potato, the quicker it will cook. ½ inch cubes are an ideal size.)
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 slice vegan cheese OR 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or both if you want your dish extra cheesy)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
1. In a large sauce pan, add you sweet potato and pasta. Add the veggie broth, water, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place a lid on top and bring to a boil.
2. Once brought to a boil, reduce to a simmer and put the lid back on. Stir every two minutes. Simmer for 8-10 min total, depending on what the package instructions for the pasta say. In the last two minutes of cooking, add the kale and your cheese/nooch. Stir so that the cheese/nooch melts into the remaining liquid to create a light sauce. You can add water 1tbsp at a time if it seems too dry to you.
3. Serve warm and ENJOY!