“You fall in love more than once.
It’ll happen again.
And it’ll be just as amazing and as extraordinary as the first time.
And maybe just as painful.
But it will happen again, I promise.
And until then, be your own anchor.”
- Scott is finally well enough to join Sara and crew on the Tempest. Sara forgets he’s on board, and makes the mistake of falling asleep in the common area. Scott immediately does the shaving cream on the hand prank. Sara swears this means war.
- The next time Scott falls asleep, Sara draws on his face using permanent marker. “Little Ryder” is written across his forehead in bold letters, plus a handle bar moustache and some choice swear words on his cheeks.
- Scott replaces the sugar in the pathfinder quarters with salt. Sara’s morning coffee is ruined. Scott doesn’t return the sugar for a week.
- Sara fills Scott’s helmet with glitter. Scott is fucking pissed, because that shit gets in his hair, his mouth, the creases of his armour, fucking everywhere. He demands to know where she even got glitter, but Liam and Gil have sworn loyalty to Sara and refuse to tell.
- The ship descends into all out chaos when Scott replaces the water in the water cooler with vinegar. Liam fills the shower heads with kool-aid. Peebee fills everyone’s boots with sand. Gil steals all the toilet paper on the ship and hides it.
- Nobody trusts anyone anymore. Sleep with one eye open. Never accept food from anyone else. Keep your stuff locked up. People start using mirrors to check around corners.
- It ends when Lexi takes a bite out of what she thinks is chocolate. She has to call a meeting and lay down the law. An “Absolutely No Pranks” sign is posted above the bridge.
Summary: In which a bet leads Bucky to have to catch you every day for a week, no matter what.
Pairing: Bucky x Reader
Word Count: 3,633
A/N: I’m sorry for taking so long to update. I had family and school things to attend to but here it is! The final part of Catch Me - I hope you guys enjoy it and thank you to everyone who reblogged/liked/commented on any part of this story. I adore each and every one of you.
“We’re all needed for this mission,” Steve states from the front of the conference room. His lips are set in a straight line and there are no hints of the smile he was wearing only half an hour earlier when the two of you were eating lunch together. It goes to show that something as seemingly insignificant as a ten-minute phone call can change everything.
“What is it this time?”
“Infiltration.” Steve hesitates before adding, “Of a HYDRA base.”
Bucky who, for the first time ever, voluntarily chose to sit next to you for this meeting, clenches his fists under the table.
“Even me?” Bruce questions, stealing your attention away from HYDRA’s former golden boy. He’s fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater and you wish you could offer him some kind of comfort. You know how opposed he is to becoming the big, green monster unless it’s absolutely necessary.
“We’re only going to need your medical expertise for this one Doc.”
“Oh thank god.” Bruce sinks back in his seat and relief floods through you. At least someone is guaranteed to come out of this mission unscathed.