Moses Bahelfer, 1930,
Bauhaus advertisement ‘bauhaus tapeten’ ('bauhaus wallpapers’) no. 5, finished artwork, montage for printing plate production, class of Joost Schmidt, advertising/print workshop Estate Hannes Meyer, Archiv der Moderne – Klassik Stiftung Weimar
First off, a little context. You can skip this if you want.
So Chris from GetLazy recently posted a few very interesting pictures he had taken from the design documents that were made around 2001. Some of you might have already seen this, but since I assume that not everyone here on tumblr is active on GetLazy (me neither honestly) I decided to make a post about it for everyone to see. So as the title might suggest, the documents hold quite a bit of information about LazyTown prior to the TV series. Unfortunately however, we can’t see the whole thing. He was only able to make a few blurry and shaky pictures, but, trust me, it’s still worth reading.
I also decided to make a few notes in case it’s too hard for you to see or if you’re too lazy to read it yourself or whatever. If you can catch more information than I wrote down feel free to add. I also left out information that is already common knowledge.
For this one, I didn’t make notes but I will quote directly from what Chris remembers reading, as it is much more informative. But I will still post the pictures.
So, as an abandoned and unnamed child, Sportacus worked in mines under a
man named Mr. Kicker. Since none of the kids in the mines had names,
Kicker referred to the kids by numbers.. Sportacus being number 10.
There wasn’t much fun to be had under the mines, so the kids spent a lot
of time learning lots of different kinds of sports. At some point
during mining, number 10 accidentally found a strange crystal that shone
whenever someone was being hurt, and he kept it. After years of abuse,
number 10 finally decided to revolt. In secret, he built a hot air
balloon powered by pedals and one day, he flew it out of the mountain,
taking some kids with him. Soon after, he came back and dropped down a
ladder and started rescuing other kids. He eventually rescued all of the
kids from Mr. Kicker, and was even able to take Kicker’s spyglass from
him before leaving the mines forever. Also, the mustache comes from
rubbing his face with coaly hands.
- “his mother is a very busy nutritionalist” - his parents love him immensly - but they are not very strict with what he eats - I think it might be because his mother didn’t have candy when she was young and doesn’t want to take it from him as well
- forgetful and easily distracted - which “should not be confused with stupidity” - makes sure everyone feels included - from a very warm and loving family - her father is an elementary scool teacher and her mother an ornithologist - “they are frugal but not cheap”
Stingy/Nenni (Honestly I couldn’t find much new information here, but you can look at it yourself of course)
- demands and sues money from everyone - “lives in the biggest, most decadent villa in LazyTown” - “Mr. Spoilero”
- “he may seem stupid, but” - saves the day when Sportacus isn’t there - “a hero who has no interest in being one” - lives with his mother in a very narrow building - his room is dirty and messy
- “She is completely uninterested in her outward appearance” - new in town - “her family has moved quite a lot” - lives in a trailer - parents work very hard so they can buy a house - which is why she has to fend for herself most of the time - has two older brothers - they’re not very nice to her from what I can tell - “her best friends are her books”
Pixel/PC/Goggi (this text is hard to figure out I’m sorry)
- his parents own the local TV and radio shop and are also very busy - “… monitor instead of his own mother” - “Crying violently whenever…” - communicates with his parents through the intercom or e-mail - “…his inability to speak normally”
- “would challenge anyone who said a bad word about her” (just curious who “her” is) - his father was a prominent politician and his mother a compulsive gambler - has younger siblings - went to a private school - was very active in both the drama and chess club - was kicked out of chess club for cheating in the championship - not sure but I think it says that he stole his catsuit from a play in drama club, ran off with it and disappeared for years - when he returned he has become a skilled con-artist
- good friends with the mayor - they’re compared to Laurel & Hardy and their friendship dates back to high school - which is literally the only reason he is employed as a police officer - doesn’t have his own home but instead stays in his office in case something happens at night - the kids call him “Officer OB” and he thinks it’s fucking disrespectful - is the youngest of nine (!) brothers who ALL joined the “SFLC, Special Forces for the Leader of Country” except him - he tried to join 18 times but was never accepted - good at sports though - caught Robbie cheating in the chess championship
- really doesn’t like Sportacus - silently helps Robbie but doesn’t want to make it known - has sisters or something - used to take pride in waking up every morning until he discovered that being lazy is much more fun - left the farm he used to reside to find the laziest place on earth so he could be lazy in peace - is now the laziest inhabitant of all LazyTown
Alright, sorry for the long post but I felt like this was very necessary for all of you to know!!
I make mistakes, but sometimes I can’t see them until I’ve have a little time to breathe. In this case, it was ten years. I want to continue to revisit old drawings that are terrible but have a little note of something I like, and see if I can redraw them to be more successful. Its kinda a fun exercise!