Theory on what happened to Shiro, courtesy of my physics teacher
So in class
today we ended up talking about the atomic theory and all that good stuff, but
when we got to the states of matter and wormholes, my ears perked up. By the
end of class I was nearly jumping in my seat. I’ll try to explain what the
teacher said to the best of my remembrance, and since the show has given fairly
strong nods to actual science before, I’m rooting for this theory! They key concepts are: Matter and Anti-matter
Inej: one of those superhuman gymnastics channels, acrobatic tutorials, and sometimes sit-down politics chats and book reviews, she’s literally an inspiration to everyone
Kaz: you never see his face, just gloved hands and raspy voice demonstrating card tricks and slight of hand until one day he reaches 5k and does a face reveal, and everyone is like, wtf….he’s so young whatttt???
Wylan: some kind of badass sciencey chemically shit, videos get taken down bc they are too dangerous, also has a conspiracy theory series…
Jesper: PRANK VIDEOS
Kuwei: one of those cringy af flower crown vloggers that 12 yos are obsessed with…most of his videos consist of him reviewing candy - has most followers tho
Nina: absolutely no one can tell me Nina wouldn’t be the queeeeen of ASMR, probably does slime videos, and also daily life logging, fashion hauls and feminist rants, often is a guest on Inej’s channel
the other day i was covering for one of our cashiers and a customer came through with a monster high doll. normally I’ll ask if the kid or whoever is a fan of whatever the person is purchasing and this person told me “yeah, she’s really into science and this one is sciencey, but i’m not too keen about the outfit”. i look at the box and nod and say “yeah, I don’t think open-toed heels are safe for a laboratory environment”. the customer just looked up at me with big eyes and whispered back “thank you for saying that”
Star Trek Ghost Adventures AU where Jim leads a team of paranormal investigators around the country. Scotty is the equipment tech, Nyota’s a psychic, Spock does all the sciencey investigating, Jim shouts at the ghosts and Bones is the skeptic they keep sending into scary places alone for their own amusement.
Often on all these book recommendation lists I see going around, they are all books about Witchcraft or Wicca or Paganism, which is awesome because that’s what we are doing, but I rarely see books that can be used by Witches (using a generic term here) that aren’t Magical.
So here is a list of books that I think need to go on every witches shelf alongside the texts from Witchy publishers
A Rocks and Minerals Guide- These are the sciencey side of the stones. How to identify them in the real world, their levels of hardness, what they are made of. This thing is great for the rockhounds in all of us.
An Herbal book that contains medicinal information NOT written by a witchy source. This one is my covens go to guide for drug interactions and warnings on dosages. (try out this one too if you don’t mind dropping $$)
How about an herbal and plant guide on how to find what you need in Nature? Find the one for your area and region and get out into the wilderness!
How about a good old Farmer’s Almanac? These things can help you so much year to year with your spell work and weather witching.
a/n: Okay, I’m not new to writing or anything but this IS my first post on this brand spanking new account! I hope you guys like it!
warning: lots of angst and all that
summary: reader pines after Peter, who doesn’t realize it as he’s infatuated with Liz
I can’t say my heart didn’t break a little more each and every time I caught Peter staring at or blushing over Liz Allen. She was so freaking gorgeous, and in all honesty perfect in every single way, except for her personality maybe. Even though Peter and I had been the best of friends for years, I could never compare to how much love and adoration he had for the girl, and it broke me every single day.
I sighed heavily, trying to shake the depressing thoughts from my mind as I continued walking to school. I don’t know how it happened and I wish it never had, but one day I just woke up and saw Peter in a whole new way. He had just come over to my apartment for our weekly movie night, which had been our tradition since we were little kids.
I heard a knock sound from the front door, signaling that my best friend was probably waiting on the other side.
“Come in Peter! The doors open!” I shook my head, since he should already know that after coming to my house countless of times.
Does lotor know that haggar and honerva are the same person? He seems to look up to his mother honerva and her accomplishments as a scientist, but we know he’s not at all fond of haggar. Is he old enough to remember his mother as honerva? Or was he just told stories? Does he know she’s alive?
So where’s the fic where a young tech innovator Kara Danvers applies to attend a TEDConfrence in Metropolis, crowdfunds the $6,000 to attend, and then sits in on Lena’s talk on quantum technology. And then she manages to catch Lena afterward and piques Lena’s attention with her own knowledge and interest in quantum technology. And the two nerd out over sciencey stuff, exchange numbers if Kara ever needs assistance in her own work and the two work on science projects together that involves Lena throwing microscopes and the two nerds fall in love.
Could you post some studying tips? Thanks in advance! 💕
Okay so here is some real ass shit that has helped me get through my classes. I’m not the best at studying but here we go!
1. Find out what your learning style is(click here to take a quiz & find out!) -knowing how you percieve information the most effectively is super important if you wanna be successful. You wanna study in a way that YOU can understand. Flashcards don’t work for everybody kiddo.
2. 1 Notebook = 1 Class - organization while studying is what will keep information clear in your head. This has always been a golden rule of mine throughout my entire middle school, high school, and college career. Dedicate a specific notebook for each of your subjects so that notes are easy to look back on. If you get handouts back from a class, I suggest glueing it into the notebook as well! If you don’t like notebooks, a binder with dividers is cool too.
3. ACTUALLY TAKE NOTES - do not be the slacker that takes a picture of the notes with their phone or just reads the slides at home. Just write the shit down dude. Writing shit down helps you remember information a whole lot better and that goes for everyone. I don’t care if it’s tedious. Skip the pics, they aren’t gonna be what saves you on an exam (struggling to know how to take notes? click here for a How To guide!)
4. Revise, Revise, Revise - revising is so important. Even if you don’t get full credit for going back and correcting your mistakes, you should always know what you did wrong so you can correct yourself in the future. Don’t just revise big assignments either, revise hw assignments and quizzes. It’ll help you learn the material if you didn’t get it the first time around and there’s no problem with that. This tip is probably the one that helps me the most.
5. Go to study groups - if your school has a designated lab or time for students to go in and ask questions or study together, go for it dude. Everyone’s gonna be confused but there’s gonna be people to help get your shit together so it’s no worries and hey if people aren’t your thing don’t EVER be afraid to go to your professor or teacher directly. They’re there to educate you, it’s what they’re being paid for. Don’t let your grades suffer because you don’t reach out to others for help! Getting help is a good thing!
6. Don’t wait til the last minute - just don’t do it dude. It is not worth half assing a study session at 1am right before your quiz in the morning. You won’t absorb as much information and I promise you that your body is gonna fucking hate you for not letting it rest. Take the time to study at least 30 minutes every day for the entire week leading up to whatever test you’re gonna take. I know it sucks but it had to be said honey, procrastinating doesn’t work all the time plus it totally isn’t punk rock.
7. Listen to music - there’s some sciencey shit behind this one but I can’t remember it aha. It’s supposed to help with the neuron dendrites axon synapsey brain lobey blah blah blah just (click here for 3 hours of classical kickassness!). Honestly gaming music helps me study too because it’s literally designed to keep you focused on tasks (click here, nerds). And hey if you’re into Studio Ghibli their music is PERFECT for studiyng imo (you know the drill)
8. Take care of yourself - TAKE A FUCKIN SIP BABE. Get yourself a tall glass of rebull vodka water and some healthy brain food lvl shit to go along with it. You can’t expect yourself to absorb everything if your body is too busy focusing on taking care of it self because you’re too busy studying. Honestly just take 10 minutes before you start studying and grab an apple! I like to make smoothies and light an inscence stick or something just to make sure I’m 100% IN THE ZONE. Ya know? Do your chores or run those errands first. Then study. It just really helps when your body is taken care of and you don’t have other things to worry about.
9. Turn your phone off - oh the horror that comes with this one.. the texts, the calls, the snaps, the notifications, THE MEMES. How ever will you survive without them?! HOnestly? Pretty damn well actually aha. Just turn your phone off to garuntee you’re giving yourself the best oppertunity to study possible! Don’t cheat yourself out of a good study session by checking your phone constantly. Tell your textin buddies your busy and to send nudes after.
10. Reward yourself after - go out with friends or have a good, relaxing evening afterwards. Seriously. SPOIL YOURSELF GORL. You deserve it for studying your fanny off!!! This will keep ya motivated to keep studying throughout the week because you’ll be running on a praise/rewards system. This is more of a psychological trick but I mean it’s also just really nice to spoil yourself after a long day heh. Take it easy and remember to let loose once you’re done with all your studying for the day!
Well that’s all the tips I’ve got! Thank you for asking for help and I sure hope this list is what you needed to read! Best of luck sweetpea~ xoxo
If 5x19 is
indicative of the final four episodes of Season 5, then we are in for one hell
of a ride.
After setting Oliver and Felicity off into trajectories, Arrow
returns to the center as Felicity’s relationship with Helix come to a head. Original Team Arrow is splintered as Felicity
aligns herself against Oliver and Diggle. Smoak versus Arrow is more than just Felicity
going head to head with those who know and love her best. It’s about diving into Felicity’s real
motivations. Sure, we were told Felicity’s grief over Billy is pushing her over
(keep singing that tune Arrow),
but we knew there was more. The truth
is, Felicity’s motivations haven’t strayed too far from center after all.