Did some cute pony designs to take a break from finals, but wanted to make them a little different! Each one is based on an interesting genetic mutation, and you can find out in their descriptions below!
As always, rules for the adopts are in the link above! Payments are taken via Paypal, USD only. I’ll also take DeviantArt points if you REALLY want it, but money is definitely preferred. Send me an IM if you’re interested! These will be up on my DA as well.
Ponies 1-3 are $10 USD each (800 points)
Ponies 4-6 are $5 USD each (400 points)
1. Brass Beauty - This mare has a unique mutation known as Coloboma, and was born with a portion of her iris missing. When this mutation is found in the ‘outside’ area of the eye, the pupil can take on a number of strange shapes, one being like a keyhole! Generally vision is unaffected when this mutation affects the outside tissues. Her design is based on an antique lock!
2. Mix n’ Match - This mare might look a little cobbled together, and that’s because she’s a Genetic Chimera! This happens when two developing sets of zygotes in a womb combine into one, resulting in offspring that is a mix of the two! Mix n’ Match also has a Chimeric cutie mark- a mix of two different destinies! TAKEN
3. Spectral Screech - Easier to recognize in animals, this Bat Pony Stallion is an Albino! This genetic mutation causes the absence of pigmentation, leaving them snowy white and their skin and eyes pink. His radar-like cutiemark is set off to the side. It took some effort and magical help to figure out what it was. TAKEN
4.Double Digits - Even though she looks a little otherwordly, Double Digits just has her head in the stars. She has Polydactylism, a mutation that caused the development of her extra hooves, but can cause extra fingers or digits in other animals. You might recognize this mutation from Ford Pines from Gravity Falls! - TAKEN
5. Dark Opal - This Crystal Pony Stallion has Melanism, which is pretty much the opposite of Albinism! Instead of a lack of pigmentation, Dark Opal has a LOT, which causes the coloration of his dark shadowy coat. His cutiemark is a domino mask with phases of the moon, obviously a reference to his famous masquerade parties. Because he certainly can’t be involved with that local night roaming vigilante, right? TAKEN
6. Chroma Flora- You don’t need to do a double-take, Chroma’s eyes are two colors! This is from a mutation called Heterochromia- where one eye has different pigmentation than the other. This is most commonly seen in Huskies! And while Chroma’s eyes are impressive, the flowers she grows are just as colorful!
SCIENCE! Let me tell you a little about deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA as ponies like to call it. Many people think of DNA as a book or like a file, but that could not be farther from the truth. If anything it is more like a blueprint made by a blind guy with far too much time on his hands, that the builders ignore 90% of. However, they are capable of creating very complex chemicals like tetrodotoxin, which is both a venom and a poison. Depending on the animal. At the same time many genes are reread for example the exact same gene that made dogs more docile gave some of them floppy ears, but not all animals have the same linked traits like the same process of domestication did not give any cats floppy ears. Also many genes work with each other for example you have a little structure on the side from your sonic gene this sends out a chemical signal in the early stage of your life another gene in your hand pick up on the signal and creates fingers depending on the signal’s strength. Scientists once time messed around with these genes. They took an eye gene from a pig and spliced it into a fly’s rear. The result was perfectly normal fly eyes on the insect’s rear. There are all kinds of weirdness as to even where these genes are on the DNA. There might be several copies of the same gene or even genes moved around to different places. People have this strange idea that one can simple cut and paste DNA together, but if you do that you might not get what you expect. Even a single extra chromosome causes down syndrome and retardation. At the same time many negative diseases and traits only appear in men due to the fact they have only one X chromosome. baldness being one such trait. Any success in genetics today is mostly from simple genes that produce a singular chemical or protein. Otherwise farmers would have majorly capitalized glucosinolates which is deadly to most insects, but is about as harmless to humans as brussel sprouts and mustard. This does not even touch biology which is basically you can’t get something for nothing. A little food for thought eggplants are very closely related to deadly nightshade and contain the same toxins.
One Being's Ascent Into Supreme Sensory Enhancement
listen to the whole thing
Scientific studies have recently shown that listening to this type of music/asmr slightly boosts your immune system and leads to better REM sleep. This could be of great use to the Tumblr community. (Source x)
Day 27: Draw a pony doing science/ draw a pony pushing boundaries
Okay, before you think I’m insane, hear me out. I’m an elementary school janitor and one of the grades, I think all third graders, are doing sciency stuff with little crayfish. I have no idea what they do with them, but when I come in with my vacuum after school and see these containers with two or three crayfish each, literally all I’ve observed them do is fight. I can only imagine that these kids are coming back to school in the morning to find a portion of them dead as a doornail. Is that part of their experiments? I really want to know.