How Makkachin (& Victor & Yuuri) Adopt a Cat
I cannot write ANYTHING lately so have this headcanon in bullet rather than narrative formation about how Makkachin, Victor, and Yuuri adopt a cat.
- When Makkachin starts to get older & Yuuri and Victor settle into their routine, they talk about getting another dog.
- So they go one day to one of those pet adoption events in the local park. There are shelter animals available for adoption and everything is animal-friendly. There’s some local food places selling lunch for both human & dogs and plenty of other dogs walking around.
- They go and take Makkachin with them so that they can find dogs that have agreeable temperaments.
- BUT SURPRISE! Makkachin walks right past most of the dogs after the sniff-yes-you’re-a-fellow-dog-thing and none of the dogs there seem that keen on him either.
- Victor tries to hurry Makkachin past the corral of cats because there was a bad experience once of a cat scaring Makkachin, but Makkachin takes an interest in the young kittens.
- Most of the kittens go between vague disinterest and terror, but not this one particular little calico. She pounces on top of his head.
- Victor & Yuuri wait tensely to see Makkachin’s reaction, and he gently paws at her and rolls her over with her head.They spend the next ten minutes playing.
- The shelter volunteer with the official clipboard & blue polo shirt walks over to them. “Are you thinking of adopting a cat today?” She asks.
- Victor and Yuuri share A Look. Victor looks down at Makkachin, who’s being more playful and energetic than he has in months.
- “I think we are,” He says.
- And that’s the story of how Makkachin, Victor, & Yuuri adopt a cat.