some thoughts and facts about 601
So this morning (because I’m on the other side of the globe) I watched the premiere.
Anyway, this is some kind of a review, thoughts, gifs, etc; all mixed up about 601. Let’s see:
1. This is one of the greatest episodes I’ve watched in a long time. I was not a fan of 5B and this premiere has really made the difference. The plot was intriguing and it remembered about the old days: the good old days.
2. Poor Frankie Vargas. I wanted him to win and I had the feeling that he could win as well (you feel me, @lauraquarium ). But when I saw this:
I had the feeling that something BAD was about to happen. I don’t know, I saw this victory too quickly and in the Scandalverse you never know until the very end of the episode. Again, POOR FRANKIE.
3. Fitz and
Olivia. This is, in my opinion, the scene that summarizes the episode for
after Olivia. They are in friendship mode on. I like it, I mean, it’s a good
start if we want them back together someday
(if Shonda let’s that happen, of
course). OLITZ IS FAR FROM OVER
4. Jake Ballard. I don’t care where he is or what he does if it is a normal episode. But in this episode Frankie Vargas was killed.
So “Where’s Jake?” could be answered with: killing Frankie Vargas, maybe?. He was with Fitz in the room but all is possible here. Well, I’m sure we will know in a few weeks but Jake is one of the options on the table.
5. Survival of the Fittest. Mellie has lost. And what really scares me is the way Olivia takes this lost.
First, she calms Mellie but then:
Papa Pope might be right about Cyrus but I’m SO tired of this relationship.
After listening Papa Pope she goes back to the White House and is again that Olivia Pope hungry for power (bye white hat). She is still controlled by Rowan.
And next: even if Mellie says she doesn’t want to run anymore, she NEEDS to run because she can’t keep herself from power because she is addicted to it.
6. Actor Cyrus Beene. This scene really broke me and not because Cyrus just saw a shooting. This broke me because this shows how far a person can go just to have power. Cyrus is capable of doing this, of course. He is a political monster. Look at this:
7. I laughed at this:
8. So, we have a wedding soon, I suppose:
9. Susan Ross and Lizzie Bear were not in the episode and that doesn’t make sense, unless the flashbacks of 602 explain this. Something must have happened to them, I guess. I hope not to Susan, though. I love her so much, just look at this:
Susan is a national treasure
Feel free to share your thoughts :)