DR1 SUPERHERO AU
yeah… this was a long time coming
- She can essentially “swim” through the air
- Quite similar to flying, but entirely different when it comes to technique
- Since she manipulates the space around her to take on the properties of water without being physically altered (or at least, not visibly), she can also “float” in midair
- She uses her unique, smooth style to her advantage by dodging attacks and slipping past opponents with ease
- She also has a large hand in rescuing people from disasters.
- Superhero name: The Swimster
- His power is intimidation; literally
- He is able to stun others using his voice for a period of time, depending on what he chooses to say.
- He’s a very impressive superhero the populace views as “cool”
But, in Asahina’s words, “he’s just an ass”.
- Superhero name: Showstopper
- By rolling a pair of dice she never leaves home without, she gains a weapon and an aspect of her abilities is boosted.
- She’s known for somehow managing to roll exactly what she needs when she needs it
- Each dice correllates to something specific - rolling a one gives her a battle axe, rolling a two gives her a flamethrower, etc.
- Likewise, the other dice also correlates to specific things - a one boosts her speed, a two boosts her defenses, etc.
- Superhero name: Gambler
- They are able to “travel” through electronics
- So, for example; they could “go inside” a computer , travel “through” it to an electronic billboard, and exit into the real world “through” that billboard.
- They can even take people along with them!
- They mainly focus on rescue missions; aside from the fact that rescue missions suit their powers anyway, they don’t believe they’re strong enough to do anything else.
- Superhero name: Data Surfer
- She is ridiculously fast; not quite fast enough to have ‘super speed’, but fast enough to blow normal people out of the water.
- She likes to carry around scissors and use them as weapons; with her speed, she’s very good at fighting with them, too.
- Note: cannot use Touko’s power.
- If no one holds her back, she will completely finish off her opponent (this is why she is paired up with someone as their sidekick; she should not be left alone).
- Because of this, the public bestowed her with her infamous ‘scary’ title…
- Superhero name: Genocider Syo
- He has the power to draw up to two “helpers” at a time who will appear at his side and assist him in battle!
- Of course, he usually just draws his favorite manga characters
- But can you blame him really
- The key to his power is picking the right helpers for the right situations
- His weakness is that sometimes he picks helpers unsuited for the task at hand merely because he wants to use his favorites
But again; can you blame him
- Superhero name: Animan
- When she builds a strong relationship with another person she is able to “corrupt” them; or, in other words, make them into her despair-spreading slave.
- So of course, she’s a supervillain. But she hides her identity very cleverly; by erasing her own memory in-between plans, so even she does not know of her true nature at times (Matsuda is the key to this plan).
- Additionally, she has the power to see through objects (x-ray vision), so no one even considers the possibility that she may have another power.
- Because of this, she attends hero courses and no one is the wiser to her true identity…
- Superhero (Alter Ego) name: Monomi
- Supervillian name: Monokuma
- Can use hypnosis!
- The catch is that he is only able to hypnotize others using his voice, so he cannot merely look into someone’s eyes to control them
- He’ll have to buy enough time during fights to speak with his opponent and put them under his trance
- Once someone is under his control, he instructs them to fix what they’ve done and report themselves to the police.
- Curiously enough, people tend to regret their villainous actions even after his hypnosis has worn off, so some say he “enlightens” people instead
- Superhero name: Morality
- Super analytical ability
- Can (usually) ascertain a person’s powers, weaknesses, and strengths within ten minutes of observation.
- More often than not she’s the ‘brains’ behind important missions that require strategies, but she has also trained enough to be able to fight on her own.
- (Junko eludes her since Junko herself does not know her own powers when the two of them interact at school).
- Superhero name: Clarity
- Can shoot balls…
- …of energy from his palms.
- These blue ‘balls of energy’ burn through whatever they touch.
- If he’s extremely energized, they can shock using electricity instead, though.
- He has to be very careful to not inflict fatal injuries.
- Superhero name: Leon
- He seems to lack power for most of his life.
- But ends up discovering that he has the ability to reverse the affects of other people’s powers.
- Essentially, he negates the effects of superpowers.
- He nervously ends up working as a sidekick; most of his work involves freeing and saving bystanders/heroes caught by villains
- But with the despair incidents rising, he becomes known as the key to peace by the citizens
- He’s too humble to pick a flashy hero name, and he doesn’t ever pick a name at all, so…
- Superhero name: Naegi
Later he’s revered as “the Symbol of Hope”
- He is able to “glide” over the ground at immense speeds
- The image of Oowada gliding through the city faster than surrounding cars calls to mind video game glitches
- And, since Oowada is known for a very distinctive metal mask & an overwhelming aura, he is known as…
- Superhero name: Steel Glitch
- Almost everything involving her physical abilities is heightened immensely
- She doesn’t quite have super strength and super speed, but she’s definitely beyond human standards
- She doesn’t just rely on her body, she also equips weapons
- As Junko’s co-conspirator, she followers her orders no matter the situation.
- Superhero name: Mukuro-san
- She has super strength (ofc)
- She’s one of the best fighters because she does not rely on her powers, though; she continually works to train her body and mind as much as she can.
- Superhero name: Senshi (”Warrior”)
- “Bewitches” people using her voice
- When someone is “bewitched”, they cannot hurt her. Furthermore, they are at least 80% more likely to do as she says.
- Her weak point is that her power is not as effective on people who cannot be attracted to her.
- Superhero name: Siren
- Has the power of invisibility
- Her self-esteem is in tatters because she believes she’s meant to be unseen/is too ugly to stay visible
- She is very happy to serve as Togami’s sidekick; he, on the other hand, is not pleased with the arrangement (but it was the school’s call, so he has to go along with it).
- Note: she cannot use Genocider Syo’s power.
- Superhero name: Invisi-nality (Supposed to be ‘invisible’ and ‘personality’ smashed together; she chose the name herself).
- He can see into the future (bet no one saw that coming)!
- So with this ability he’s able to avoid attacks, exploit his enemies’ weaknesses, and so on
- ….The only problem is that the future isn’t set in stone, so sometimes he’s completely off track.
- Superhero name: Rouge Fortune (sometimes referred to as Rouge Misfortune)