What would it be like if Marty Scrull tried to steal you from your boyfriend?
- look here. Marty is the perfect villain.
- he knows you’re not an object to be stolen, a thing to be played with.
- he knows you’re a person, with thoughts, whims, and motivations and he has too much respect for you to outright attempt to steal you
- he knew you’d have to come to him of your own accord
- besides, if he were too… overt in his attentions, you’d sour on him and run even further into your man’s arms. Marty couldn’t allow that.
- so wooing it was
- it started with simple things, like helping you bring groceries in and cutting in front of you in line at the coffee shop, for the sole purpose of paying for your coffee
- then it was bouquets of flowers showing up to your job, with no notes attached
- he’d always offer you his arm when walking down the street, making sure to walk closest to the road and if it was cold out, his coat would be draped over shoulders before you can say anything
- but it was when the photos started appearing that things got… weird
- it was just a simple envelope, but the photos of your boyfriend looking a little too friendly with another woman was another
- the text from an unknown number that your boyfriend wasn’t actually working late was the last straw
- you’d called Marty and was crying into his shoulder
- “He just doesn’t treat me the way you do.”
- you didn’t see his victorious smirk through your teary eyes and the hug he had you wrapped tight in