Our global manufacturing world has used petroleum based plastics for decades, causing troubling and toxic environmental consequences. “Over the past 20 years polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) have increasingly polluted marine food webs, and are prevalent in seabirds. Though their adverse effects may not always be apparent, PCB’s lead to reproductive disorders or death, they increase risk of disease and alter hormone levels (i.e. Derriak, 2002). What a frightening feeling to finally understand the depth of this global catastrophe. Our modern social structures are experiencing record high plastic debris pollution, our marine animals are ingesting the plastic materials and a large number are being entangled, not to mention the toxins that are being absorbed into the animal life/ecosystems, and eventually ingested by humans. 😳🙈 You may link over to #guardnature.com for more #blog posts regarding these types of topics. 🍃 #guardnatureblog #plastic #waste #wastemanagement #recycle #inspire #sustainable #living #green #greenliving #greenbloggers #blogger #nature #natural #naturejunkie #naturelovers #ocean #marine #savetheearth #blue #bluewater #bluesky #consciousliving #bethechange #gogreen #health #healthy #healthyliving
Now why didn’t I think of these sooner? People throw empty bottle caps like all the time.
Credit to ohohblog.com
#diy #doityourself #reuse #recycle #upcycle #gogreen #savetheearth #savetheplanet #toothbrush #idea #inspiration #creative #craft #crafty #craftyfinger
It’s finally here. The scientifically sound, environmentally critical, consciousness-expanding, crowd-pleasing crowdfunding campaign to end all campaigns. We’re going to make a film about mushrooms, and it’s going to blow your mind.
This is a film that we cannot make with big studio bigwigs. Nor would we want to. No offense to Hollywood (we have some very dear friends who give Hollywood a good name), but we want to tell the story our way. We want to expose the truth about the role fungi can – and WILL with your help – play in solving our planet’s gravest problems.
We’ve pulled together the biggest change agents in environmental activism – Paul Stamets, Dr. Andrew Weil, Lyn Lear, Michael Pollan, among others. And we have our beloved, award-winning filmmaker and eco-warrior, Louie Schwartzberg, behind the camera calling the shots.
We’re gonna make history starting THIS **Wednesday.** Stay tuned.
I’m ready!!! It’s gonna be a long process, but I can do this! I want to become vegan for a few reasons:
1) My health requires me to eat more healthily. It can reduce my stomach ulcers. Also, it can prevent high cholesterol and high blood pressure, amongst other gastrointestinal and heart diseases. Why not go vegan?
2) Animal cruelty is so prevalent among the slaughtering of animals. I do not condone whatsoever how animals are treated. This may not help microscopically, but it will most definitely help in the long-run.
3) Our environment is precious. We should do all we can to preserve it, including reducing the amount of land dedicated to raising livestock.
4) Our bodies aren’t meant to be entirely carnivorous. We’re omnivores, but more on the herbivore side than anything.
5) Finally, the land we use for grazing for animals could be used to grow grains and food for those suffering from hunger. We could eradicate hunger if the world went vegetarian or vegan.
I hope this raises some awareness for going vegetarian/vegan! Join me, and get your free vegan starter kit from Peta.org.