Types of Naruto Fanfiction Tropes I Remember Over the Years
sakura, hinata, ino, and tenten are on their way to train and they overhear all of their teammates calling them weak so they decide to get permission from tsunade to leave and train then they come back super boss level. sometimes comes back with kids and its obvious to tell who’s the dads but said dads are oblivious af to the fact
same as the above but the girls become rogue nin and somehow join the akatsuki and fall in love with whichever akatsuki member is in charge of their training
same as the above but this time its just sakura and hinata
sasuke and karin come back to konoha and someway, somehow, karin turns the entire village against sakura, including fucking tsunade [save for maybe one person that in all honesty sakura isn’t even close to, ex. shikamaru but according to sakura they’re just like siblings] so sakura decides to runaway and she joins the akatsuki who all love her because she’s been through so much and meanwhile in konoha everyone is shocked and hurt sakura left them and decide they must bring her back at all cost
same as the above but everyone still thinks sakura is weak etc and don’t want to save her but tsunade realized the error of her ways and makes everyone find her anyway
high school au where sakura, hinata, ino, and tenten are the least popular girls at school who constantly get bullied [maybe temari is included, but usually just those four]. sasuke, naruto, shikamaru, and neji are the most popular dudes in school with a shit ton of crazy fangirls. sakura, hinata, ino, and tenten all decide to stick up to the boys who are also bullies who in turn put all their bullying efforts onto the girls. but guess what, kakashi-sensei who is that teacher who’s always late af to his job/class is doing a group assignment AND GUESS WHO’S CONVENIENTLY PAIRED UP???
high school au where sakura, hinata, ino, and tenten are all skater girls with no interest in dudes but new cute guys sasuke, naruto, shikamaru, and neji fall head over heels in love at first sight but the girls are like buzz off.
did i mention that in all of these high school aus with sakura, hinata, ino, and tenten for some unexplainable reason they all live in this big house/apartment with each other
high school au where sakura is the only one being bullied and is for whatever reason the most hated and bullied girl in the entire school and the most popular [usually ino, sasuke, naruto, etc] decide to devise a plot where either naruto or sasuke trick sakura into falling in love with the respective guy then break her heart but they end up falling in love with her for real. sakura typically comes from a poor/troubled home that makes nards or sauce feel super bad
high school au where sakura is the most hated and bullied girl in school but finds solace and friendship by somehow befriending the most notorius kids in school that everyone calls the Akatsuki
sakura is the most hated and bullied girl in school but instead of the akatsuki thing, she actually has a nighttime persona and ironically enough that nighttime persona is super popular and loved by her peers and one of those peers, usually sasuke, falls for the persona and attempts to woo her whilst also being captivated by sakura whom he is annoyed by but also kind of is intrigued by
sakura isn’t being bullied but doesn’t stand out but she finds a new hobby in dancing or fashion or smth and the ppl who got her into it is the akatsuki
sakura is some kind of jinchuuriki like naruto like a ten-tailed wolf or smth and has been hated by the entire village her entire life save for best friend hinata. isn’t a sasuke fangirl but after being placed onto team 7 there is a love triangle. sometimes a love square if sai is thrown in as a first time ever 4 man squad thing is added
sakura is chosen to be apart of an interrogation thing where she’s the medic for this particular person who turns out to be apart of the akatsuki but through their constant meetings and healing sessions, sakura falls in love with the person and they fall for her and share some passionate kiss and sakura typically helps this guy escape
tsunade has sakura to do an infiltration mission where she literally has to be arrested for some crime, escape authorities, and become a rogue ninja and join the akatasuki whilst somehow getting info about the akatsuki back to konoha. she typically falls in love with whoever she’s partnered with
the akatasuki actually need a medic nin to heal itachi’s eyes, so they decide to kidnap tsunade’s apprentice and force her to heal them and keep her forever. sakura typically either falls in love with itachi or with a diff member.
usually these above akatsuki fics have two ways of being handled: the characters are all p in character for what we’ve seen on screen or what is usually done– sakura sees the akatsuki as a bunch of goofballs that are actually nice af and konan is like a mother figure
sakura finds a box of cats outside her house and decides to take them in. these cats are usually the akatsuki
‘The Future of Mrs Sakura ____’ au where every sakura ship is explored as this fortune teller person shows sakura her various futures with different guys and girls she could be married too. usually these fics are forever incomplete
sasuke is back in the village and is super flirtatious with sakura but sakura isn’t looking for love but finds it with someone else who isn’t sasuke. typically neji and sakura and neji support naruhina by being like chaperones on their dates cuz hiashi said thats the only way naruto and hinata can start courting each other
sasuke is back in the village, but this time sakura, hinata, ino, tenten, and typically temari shows up too, are all tired of their love lives/crushes so the girls decide to all date someone else. this is either super good or meh. best one i’ve ever read is Three Months y’all should read it, its 50 chapters long but bawse af
sakura goes back in time to prevent obito from dying and to save the future because the war is going shit and they’re side is losing. but sakura somehow falls for minato. she either knows who he is and is trying to get him to hook up with kushina but her arrival to the past fucked shit up so he isn’t into kushina anymore or kushina dumped him. or, sakura doesn’t know who minato is and they have a lot of sexual tension going on. naruto is usually brought up a lot of times and minato has this huge sense of jealousy and dislike of this naruto guy, which is amusing to the reader because we know that naruto is his son
another time travel fic but sakura has been chosen by some celestial being to change the past of someone who she subsequently falls in love with. like this fic Lost Year where she was trying to prevent Sasori from joining akatsuki it was p cute actually
modern rivalry au where sakura, hinata, ino, and tenten are in a band and sasuke, naruto, shikamaru, and neji are in a band
sakura, hinata, ino, or tenten wake up in the future where they are married to naruto usually and they have kids and everyone’s an adult.
after some incident between suna and konoha, temari is used as a peace offering for an arranged marriage. usually with either naruto or shikamaru
canon divergence where after the failed sasuke retrieval thing went down and kakashi was on his way to taking naruto back to konoha, they stumble upon tayuya who miraculously survived the attack and is taken back to konoha and she falls in love with naruto and vice versa. or maybe shikamaru
canon divergence where orochimaru took naruto under his wing by ‘saving’ him from his cruel fellow villagers and raising him in oto. naruto is good friends with the sound ninja 4/5 but he goes back to konoha for a spy mission. either falls for kin, tayuya, hinata, or sakura
canon divergence au where sakura’s parents died when she was young and was taken in by the akatsuki because konan’s motherly instincts kicked in and she convinced pein [the orange haired yahiko version b4 nagato’s big reveal] to let them keep her. usually titled smth like the akatsuki’s hime/princess/cherry/etc. she goes back to konoha for an infiltration mission if its planned for her to fall for sasuke, naruto, or neji instead of the usual akatsuki members if they just view her as their cute daughter/niece/sister
same as the above but it was hinata instead and the hyuga clan was wiped out by the akatsuki but konan couldn’t bring herself to kill this one baby that was in the arms of a dying woman
canon divergence where sakura is taken under orochimaru’s wing as a kid and goes back to konoha
sakura catches the attention of tobi who likes her a lot and they sneak around to meet and this way before it was confirmed tobi was obito or madara so there was like a shit ton of speculation
canon divergence where naruto was the one who saved karin from… wth was it a bear?? but that was before karin was revealed to be naruto’s cousin so after the reveal a lot of those fics were either deleted or forever incomplete
did i leave anything out? anyone else remember these tropes??
To the clique that argued with me in the saltiest of ways, I
dedicate to you my first ever anti nh post.
I hope you think twice about telling people to kill themselves over your
self insert and stop being a pimple on society’s ass.
Sasuke has a moment of realizing how long he has been separated from his family, so much so that he attacked his daughter because he did not recognize her. He knows that what he is doing is important and in his mind keeping her out of it is protecting her, but it does not change that it is painful for him.
Another way I feel you could read it is his thinking about how tall she’s gotten, using the scar in the wall as a sign of how tall she was.
FEELS LIKE THE FIRST TIME (A SASUSAKU ONE-SHOT FANFICTION)
Note: This is the third and final part of my interrelated stand-alone fics. Finally!! Thank you to all who read them and left comments and likes! You can consider this as a peace offering to all who got angsty with Perpetual Winter (which I’m still deciding whether to leave it as is or write a sequel for more angst or make it a 3-part stand-alone like this. please help!!!!) this is fluffy with slight lemon coz I love Sasusaku so much and it’s such a nice combo! As always, like and comment please. Thank you for reading and enjoy! Xoxo
PS. You can read the first two parts and the special chapter before you read this in the order below. 7 Seconds is set as Sasuke’s dream at the beginning of this. Thanks again!!
Excerpt: And even when their
ashes scatter in the wind 50 years from now, he knows he will love her in the
next life. It will always be Haruno Sakura for Uchiha Sasuke. And in return, he
will always be hers.
what's a relationship with sasuke like? What do your think would be the ups and downs of it? Aside from the obvious coldness, his temper, ego, etc.
What is having a Relationship with Sasuke like? Best and Worst - Headcanons
God, I love this ask so much. It’s the perfect occasion to fangirl about Sasuke and by fangirl, I mean making a salty analysis. Also, you might be interested in similar asks like this one, and this one. I am aware the title sucks. I tried. ~Admin Night
Sasuke has a very convoluted personality. In canon, he has lived a series of traumatic events. We can start, even before the Uchiha Massacre, with his father conduct and the distress of living under his brother’s shadow. However, the murder of his family obviously scarred him, as well as the interactions he held with Akatsuki and the Village of Konoha after the death of his brother. Although the intentions of Fugaku were good, they created a deep necessity of competition associated with a feeling of ineptitude: Sasuke always wants to be the best, he wants to be praised, and at the same time, he believes himself to be inferior to the rest.
Also, the intentions of Itachi were good, but I think we can all agree he screwed up pretty badly. We start with straight up gaslighting: nothing of that caring brother is true, Itachi convinced Sasuke. Then, he inadvertently drives him away from any caring relationship he might form: when Itachi told him to kill his best friend for power, he assured Sasuke will view all relationships as a way to gain power. Also, for Sasuke, this means any type of love will just bring death and hatred. Why would he want to love, then?
In terms of a romantic relationship, this would mean:
• An extremely slow beginning. Before having a relationship, before giving you the power to destroy him, Sasuke has to trust you and himself, or at least, he will try to. Most of his apparent coldness will derive from this. If he feels attracted to you, he might make the first step out of jealousy. The fact is, once he has decided he loves you, Sasuke is going to do it forever.
• Jealousy. He doesn’t admit it, but Sasuke needs a lot of reassurance, he is always picking non-verbal cues, many times twisting them; any change in your everyday actions makes him suspect. Are you tired or upset, and forgot to kiss his cheek? He knows, he is scared you want to leave him. Did you talk too much with that person? He is going to intervene, as his glare doesn’t seem to be enough. Sasuke is constantly afraid someone will take you away from him; if he could hide you from the world, he would.
• Over-protection. He has lost so many loved ones, he is constantly terrified of losing you too. Many nights he had stayed awake just watching you sleep, monitoring your breathing as his chest aches at the mere possibility your lungs would stop working. Sasuke knows your schedule, and if you are just a minute late, he’ll start panicking. Even if you are a skilled ninja, he will never be at ease if you aren’t at his side. He has thought of taking you away from the world, keeping you protected in a place only he knows.
• A tendency to second-guess everything his S/O does – that you can tie with jealousy. What do you want from him? Do you actually love him? More than once, Sasuke will try to drive you away before you can hurt him. In general, his confidence – in you, in his perception, in the world – is very weak. Reassurance must be constant. Tell him you love him. Show him: he is especially fond of everyday actions, they remind him of home. He loves when you bring him omusubi with okaka or tomatoes, when you accompany him in his long walks, when you tell the waiter to not to sweeten his drink.
• His emotional and interpersonal intelligence is pretty low. Many of the discussions in the relationship will sprout from a lack of understanding on his part. This will also derive from his jealousy and inclination to second-guess. Another thing that can trigger his misaimed anger are commentaries that hurt his ego. If he’s fighting with Naruto, support him; do not praise his opponent’s abilities.
• Most of these downsides are born from his psychological wounds. What Sasuke needs is a nurturing, safe and healing S/O. In a healthy relation, based significantly on trust, he is going to grow: augment his self-esteem, subside his ill perception of the world, learn to find comfort in others.
His weaknesses come with strengths; healing, learning, and growing make them much more visible than the disadvantages.
• Once you start going out together, your relationship will become very stable. Discussions, although they can be heated, are usually resolved quickly. If he is sure he loves you, you can be certain Sasuke will never stop doing it: even in the roughest of patches, he is there, accompanying and caring.
• Sasuke adores you. Uchiha’s love too much, and he is not the exception. But after healing himself, love stops being an abrasive feeling that burns everything it touches to become a warmth that makes you feel at home. Sasuke always ensures you feel secure around him. Even if he isn’t into PDA or romantic gestures, he is always relishing you with small gestures. When you are stressed, he holds your hand; he makes sure you are comfortable before going to bed and in cold winter nights, he wakes up at midnight to make sure you are warm.
• He knows you better than anyone else. After all the learning necessary for him to realize he loves you, Sasuke holds every single detail dear. Sasuke recognizes the way you grimace when you are scared and remembers your favorite foods. He distinguishes every tone of your voice; he knows when you are lying, sad, tired or happy.
• Can be a wonderful supporter. He is a very good listener and always tries to give solutions to your problems. This is rooted in his need of protection; instead of directing them to external sources, he’ll try to help you the happiest person imaginable. Sasuke is always watching you; he’d determine the best way of supporting you and will stick with it as stubbornly as possible until you reach your objective.
Hmm so following by this logic it mean madara sasuke Naruto and the other male characters who were shown topless and almost naked are just fan service for fangirls to drool over it ?
Anyone ? Opinions ? @lunaneko14 @mythicalheartbeat @bluewind1246