Handbag Confidential is back and this time I’ve been having a good old snoop inside the bag of Simone Gannon, a fellow make-up artist and beauty blogger. Simone lives in the exotic location of Bahrain and works extensively throughout the middle east as well as internationally for clients such as Grazia, Mango and Time Out Magazine, whilst also lending a helping hand as the resident beauty expert for the website Superfabme.com.
So what does a fabulous, international make-up artist carry in her handbag for emergencies? Here are Simone’s top 5 beauty essentials she can’t live without..
1) Poppy King Lipstick for no7. “Allure”: This was part of the Poppy King for No. 7 range that came out earlier this year. I like this shade in particular as it’s one that works for both day and night. The colour doesn’t require perfect application, its nice and soft on the lips and the bullet it’s packaged in is absolutely tiny, so again perfect for the handbag.
2) Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara: One of the best volumizing mascara’s I’ve ever used and has a permanent place in my handbag. The packaging is super sleek too!
3) Calvin Klein “Summer”: My scent of the summer! So fresh and zesty, the bottle is too big to carry around so I picked up a travel sized version in the airport recently for on the go!
4) Soap & Glory Hand Food: I love this handcream for a number of reasons; it smells fantastic and does exactly what it’s supposed to do, the dinky travel size is perfect for carrying around as I already have way too many things in my handbag and my best friend gave it to me, so it reminds me of her!
5) MAC Studio Fix Compact: I’ve used this compact for quite awhile because I like the formula, there’s a great little mirror with in a sponge applicator. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve whipped this out in a taxi, at a job or before a meeting I’d be a very wealthy woman. It’s kept me shine free for many years.
For more information on Simone and her work visit the blog Simone Loves Make-up. Also, check out her interview with Pretty Easy here!