Sometimes I lay awake at night, thinking about how if Newsies (1992) had been a commercial success, Disneyland and World could’ve had Newsies-themed attractions and parades and possibly character meet-and-greets.
Finally got some Titanfall on here. Overwatch may have captured my heart this year but Titanfall 2 is still probably my favourite FPS. Nothing like the feeling of flying around and then jumping into a giant robot.
Notice how before he says that David looks kinda angry or at least annoyed. And as soon as he says it he realizes it and starts to apologize before Jack cuts him off.
So why would he get so upset then? Well what if- and here me out here -what if Sarah isn’t the oldest Jacobs child.
In the stage version of newsies Sarah is never mentioned, but we all assume she still exists. So what if there’s a fourth Jacobs child older than the rest that was also never mentioned by David or Les. Their older brother.
What if they had an older brother who was a trolley worker. He went on strike with the union, which was something David really admired. Except at one rally things got violent, and he was killed. David and Les had to go to work to make up for both their father and their brothers lost income. Which would explain why both of them had to go. And would also explain why David was that hesitant to strike with the newsies. His brother died therefore he’s cautious, but he still wants to do right by him. It would also explain why David was so upset and regretful when and after saying “lighten up no one died”. Jack shouldn’t be that upset because Crutchie is still alive. Jack didn’t lose him. The circumstances alone upset David and everything just keeps reminding him of his brother, so he lashes out. He and Les never mention it because it’s too painful for them
This is a total shit post conspiracy theory but wouldn’t it be so much more emotional if they had a brother?? Like davids development and involvement in the strike. His motives would be completely different and a lot deeper and ahhhh
- crutchie is a pirate every single year and nobody can stop him
- jack is a cowboy (duh) but it’s super half assed. like 2 baseball caps on top of each other half assed
- davey doesn’t dress up but he makes damn well sure that the house is decorated to the max and that all the trick or treaters get 5 pieces of candy min
- he also tried giving healthy snacks one year but jack threw all of the apples away and then drove to the store in a rage
- the one time davey did do a costume he convinced jack to wear a couples costume and it just didn’t work very well
- SPOT AND RACE DO COUPLES COSTUMES SO HARD
- LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE YEAR
- EVEN BEFORE THEY WERE DATING
- spot only eats candy with peanut butter in it
- romeo likes to wear super elaborate face paint but can’t sit still for very long so jack (who, naturally, is doing the face paint) has him take candy breaks
- specs wears musical theatre costumes and he desperately wants SOMEONE to be the heathers with him
- “i’ll even be JD if someone can do veronica!!!!! please????!?!?!!!!”
- albert likes to dress up as inanimate objects?? his favorite costume so far was when he was a chair but no one else likes to talk about that year
- they all decided they were too old to go trick or treating their sophomore year in high school and crutchie cried for two hours until jack gave him all the sour patch kids in his bag
- katherine and sarah are always determined to outdo one another costume wise???????? and they both go super detailed and extreme but in the end they both laugh it off because they know the costumes won’t be on them later tonight ;))))
- they made this joke out loud once and davey almost threw up in the candy bowl
- and then jack made the same comment about them whilst winking at davey so sarah almost threw up in the candy bowl
- basically how the night really ends is everyone gets really drunk on hard cider except davey n crutchie but they get rly sleepy so everyone just ends up in a huge pile on the floor
- davey complains about finding candy wrappers in the strangest places for weeks
- “honestly. who put an almond joy in the back of this picture frame???”