Headcanons about Daughters #1
- Is the best, but at the same time worst, dad.
- His daughter will be as adventurous and easygoing as her father. Also inherits his naivety. Robin and Nami are the ones who sat her down and explains all about bird and bees because Luffy is horrible at explaining (”Ok so men have meatsticks and–” “Oh my God Luffy what”)
- Laughs away most of his daughter’s shenanigans as long as it’s safe enough and causes no harm to their nakama.
- Luffy’s daughter thinks of the whole crew as their little happy family. Grandpa Brook, Uncle Franky, Little Brother Chopper, Big Sis Nami, Aunt Robin, Older Cousin Zoro, Big Brother Usopp and Big Brother Sanji.
- She counts on Usopp-oniichan to read her to sleep or tell her bedtime stories on nights she can’t sleep, since Luffy always passes out as soon as his head hits the pillow.
- Absolutely loves it when she gets to bounce around on top of Luffy’s stomach while he’s using Gomu Gomu no Balloon.
- What are babies? Why do they always drool so much? Why is his baby girl vomitting what the hell is happening someone help this poor man
- Despite his shortcomings in taking care of his daughter, she still thinks he’s the coolest dad ever.
- Baby and toddler years are the worst because Zoro simply doesn’t know what to do. However, he gets better at this parenting stuff when his daughter can finally talk (thanks to Robin) because now she can voice her wants and discomforts.
- Is very gentle when dealing with his daughter because he didn’t want to hurt her accidentally with his super-strength.
- Loves it when his daughter naps on his lap or just on top of him. Panics when he wakes up and doesn’t find his baby girl
and almost overturn the whole ship in his search
- His daughter will come out strong cause he will definitely spar with her and teach her how to handle swords. He knows he can’t always protect his daughter and being his kid, it will definitely put her in dangerous situations.
- The dad who gets excited about anything his daughter does.
First words? “SAY THAT AGAIN [NAME] SAY ‘DADA’ ONE MORE TIME”.
First baby steps? “MY BABY IS SO GOOD AT THIS YOU COULD BE A DANCER WHEN YOU GROW UP”.
First period? “AW MY PRINCESS IS A LADY NOW *proceeds to cook 25231 types of comfort food*”
- Will kick anyone who looks at his daughter the wrong way.
- The punishment of making Sanji’s daughter cry is to be kicked through at least ten walls.
- His daughter will probably love him (because he spoils her rotten) but feels a bit ‘caged’ and embarrassed from the attention.
- She absolutely can’t cook because Sanji doesn’t allow her to touch anything in the kitchen and he always cooks for her anyway so he doesn’t see the need for his daughter to be able to cook.
- Makes sure to always have his daughter’s last dance when the crew is having a party. At least until she finds a boyfriend.
Which is never cause no one is good enough for his princess