Skin cells possess an olfactory receptor for sandalwood scent, as researchers at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum have discovered. Their data indicate that the cell proliferation increases and wound healing improves if those receptors are activated. This mechanism constitutes a possible starting point for new drugs and cosmetics. The team headed by Dr Daniela Busse and Prof Dr Dr Dr med habil Hanns Hatt from the Department for Cellphysiology published their report in the “Journal of Investigative Dermatology”.
1⁄2 cup of sandalwood incense 2 tsp. of myrrh 1⁄2 cup of orris root (crushed) 3 tsp. of frankincense powder 1⁄2 cup of moss 2 tsp. of oregano
Mix well in a bowl, close container tightly and place it in a dark corner until it is to be used. Take 1 tsp and burn before bedtime. Take some of the mix and put it in a small cloth bag, sow it shut and put it under your pillow.
Rosewood has a very pleasing, warm, and woodsy aroma that has been used in aromatherapy for spiritual, uplifting, and strengthening purposes. Rosewood works wonders for the skin and facial rejuvenation, cancerous and pre-cancerous cells, as well as emotional and physical health and well-being.
Rosewood is extracted from the trunk of the rosewood tree, also known as Brazilian evergreen tree, through steam distillation. The trunks of the trees are usually a red-colored wood. In the early 1900′s, the oil was extremely popular in high-class perfumery, which caused deforestation of the tree. Since then, the demand dwindled, giving the trees the opportunity to grow and thrive.
Plant Properties: Anti-bacterial, anti-infectious, antiviral, antifungal, stimulant and anti-parasitic.
Aromatic Affect on the Mind: Its sweet and woody aroma makes is grounding and relaxing.
Spiritual Influence: This oil has interesting spiritual influences and that is why it is used in so many of the professionally made blends that I use for emotional release, trauma and encouragement.
- First Chakra: Root Chakra – Rosewood essential oil is derived from a tree with deep root in the earth. This oil assists with connecting our bodies and spirits with nature! This allows us to be grounded and aligned with earth’s energies.
- Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra – In the second chakra, Rosewood assists with menstrual cramps and irregularities. Rosewood is also one of the oils that help us emit positive energies when connecting with others, and important part of the balancing of the sacral chakra.
- Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra – Rosewood is one of the powerful oils that support creating a positive self-image with a sense of self-empowerment. The oil also helps us connect with our gut feelings of higher wisdom and recognize our intuitive wisdom.
- Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra – In the heart chakra, Rosewood helps us to balance our love for ourselves and for others!
- Fifth Chakra: Throat Chakra – Rosewood assists with supporting our inner strength, which, in turn, helps us be able to speak our Inner Truth with confidence and love.
- Seventh Chakra: Crown Chakra – In the Crown Chakra, Rosewood assists with meditation and bringing ourselves to a higher frequency. At this high frequency, we are able to quiet the mind and be in the present moment!
Methods of Usage:
- Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: This oil should not be used undiluted on facial skin!
- Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per 1 TBL of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
- Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
- Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
- Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
- Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.
Chakra is located below the navel near the
abdomen between the ovaries for women and near the prostate gland for
men. The fundamental quality of this chakra is pure creativity,
attention, sensual expression, unencumbered by the ego. When the
Sacral Chakra is
blocked it can lead to eating disorders, urinary tract problems,
reproductive disorders, occasional headache, fever and emotional
imbalances. Calendula is an easy to grow herb that enhances your
creativity in all areas of life. Another herb which is highly
beneficial for the Sacral Chakra is
Gardenia. One can put Gardenia roots and oil to multiple use, and its
flowers are found to be very soothing for the senses as well, no
wonder its also known as the happiness herb. Sandalwood helps in
curing many kinds of infection as it instigates new cell growth. You
can apply sandalwood oil on your body before taking a shower or you
can use it to create a good aroma in your house. Other herbs &
spices that are beneficial to the Sacral
Chakra are Coriander, fennel, licorice,
cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds, caraway
Someone answer this for me please. Why do people describe Sam’s kiss as tasting like sandalwood? I’m not downing the wonderful description or anything. I’m just— how can someone taste like sandalwood, unless they eat it or wear cologne?