Fortunately, a generous donor stepped in and offered to cover the cost of transferring Apple and her little baby to the safety of the WFFT sanctuary. Rescuers arrived last week to relocate the elephants, receiving a kind greeting from the small family.
– Really heartwarming story with lots of photos. Worth taking a few minutes to read.
New Archaeological Findings of Apollo Sanctuary on Greek Island
New excavation work at an Archaic sanctuary site on an Aegean Sea islet unearthed important findings about its size and organization, Greece’s Culture Ministry announced on Wednesday.
Excavations on the small uninhabited islet of Despotiko –located off the popular island of Antiparos— have started in 1977 when archaeologists unearthed a large religious sanctuary dating to around 6th Century BC. More intensive work between May and July this year has led archaeologists to important findings about the sanctuary’s organization, the Ministry said.
Findings date as far back as the 8th and 9th Century BC. The sanctuary seems to have been devoted to god Apollo, as the traces of religious worship indicate. Read more.
This is a front-facing view of the ground floor of the sanctuary of the former synagogue of Congregation B’nai Israel Ahavas Achim, taken at sunset. It wasn’t always named as such; the temple was constructed in the early 20th century, and opened its doors to its original congregation, Anshi Austria, on March 28, 1928. There was a parade down Joseph Street to mark the occasion. In the 1940s, Congregation B’nai Israel took over the building, and later, Ahavas Achim merged with them. Sadly, by the 1970s, flight to the suburbs made the congregation dwindle significantly, and by the early 1990s, it was abandoned. After failing to sell at auction, the property was condemned by the City of Rochester. The Joseph Avenue Business Association has advocated for adaptive reuse, but doesn’t have funding. If funding does not appear, the building will likely be demolished.
- Teleporting serial killer Jack The Ripper (John Druitt)
- Physically disabled James Watson (Inspiration for John Watson and Sherlock as the guy is both combined)
-Chemistry between Watson and Jack the Ripper “Night after night I poured my insights into you” oooop
- There is a smart ass bigfoot that likes to slap people on the back of the head
- Badass women kicking some badass
- Seriously Watson and Jack the ripper “you dont know how much you hurt her…” “Hurt her? … Or you?” Then James grabs him by the shirt and pulls him in angrily. Holding him on either side of the face… Inches away…
- Main Chick is Bi-sexual
- Werewolf genius
- MUSICAL EPISODE
- So many ships. Honestly, I ship so many people in this show its insane.
- All the chicks are fucking hot as fuck
- Time Travel! We see Nazi’s and old England
- Travel in general! oh man some of the scenery is GORG like obnoxiously large moons….
- MERMAID BY THE WAY DID I MENTION THERES A FUCKING MERMAID?
A sanctuary dedicated to Demeter and Kore, divine personifications of the generative forces of the earth. Demeter (middle) has a chitone and cloak sitting on a wide and decorated throne. The goddess is richly ornated with a diadem and with ears of corn crown and jewellery. She is holding in her hand some ears of corn which is a typical attribute of the divinity.