More vampire AU? :D
Part I || Part II || Part III || Part IV || Part V || Part VI || Part VII ||Part VIII||
Part IX || Part X || Part XI || Part XII || Part XIII || Part XIV ||Part XV ||
Part XVI || Part XVII || Part XVIII || Part XIX
- “I don’t like this,” Clara said as she followed Rose downstairs. She really shouldn’t have been out of bed, but she had to follow Rose around and remind her what a horrible idea this was.
- Like Rose needed to be reminded.
- “You should let me come with you,” Clara insisted.
- “It’s the middle of the day,” Rose pointed out, and Clara hesitated, frowning slightly.
- “Well, at least let Amy or Rory come.”
- “No, it could be a trap,” Rose said. “Mickey’s not going to hurt me but he’ll hurt one of you.”
- Clara huffed, folding her arms. Rose sighed as she turned and pressed a light kiss to Clara’s lips.
- “I’ll be okay. I’ll be back soon. I’m just going to talk to him.”
- “Ask him how his nose is doing,” Amy asked with a smirk as she settled in the living room with her tea. Rose rolled her eyes.
- “Be back soon.”
- She’d agreed to meet Mickey at a park an hour away from the house. She honestly wasn’t sure why – she had nothing to say to him.
- But he had been her best mate for years. She owed him this.
- Mickey was already there when Rose arrived. She’d known him long enough to recognize the disappointment on his face – he’d been hoping she’d come with Clara, Amy, or Rory clearly.
- “Hey,” Rose said quietly as she approached.
- “Surprised your bloodsucker is letting you wander around alone. I’ve heard they’re pretty possessive.”
- “Well there’s a lot you don’t know about them clearly,” Rose snapped. “What do you want, Mickey?”
- “I want to try and help you,” Mickey insisted. “I don’t know what they’ve done to you–”
- “Nothing, they’ve done absolutely nothing.” Rose had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. “You’re the only one here who’s been brainwashed.”
- “Rose you don’t understand–”
- “I. Love. Her,” Rose said firmly. “I understand that. I love her, and I swear to god part of me wishes I’d just let Amy throttle you because I honestly can’t believe you would turn on me like that.”
- This had been such a waste of time. Rose whirled on her heel to leave. “So what’re you gonna do, then?” Mickey snapped after Rose. “Become one of them?”
- Rose froze, fingers twitching slightly. She hadn’t really…thought much past the next couple of days.
- “That’s my business, Mickey,” she said finally. “And if you don’t like it, you can bugger off.”
- And she walked away.