How to Explain Supernatural: An Illustrated Guide
1. These are Sam and Dean, the main characters.
They cause the apocalypse a lot.
You will be sexually attracted to them.
2. This is Castiel.
He’s the show’s most powerful and dangerous main character.
No, seriously, I mean it.
3. They all love each other. So, naturally, they spend the next eleven years subjecting one another to the worst forms of pain imaginable.
Like heartbreak and betrayal.
And, of course, endless sexual frustration.
4. You will also become incredibly emotionally attached to these characters. Then, the writers will proceed to brutally torture and kill them before your eyes.
Over and over again.
But seriously, it’s a really fun show.
5. They also have some great secondary characters for you to fall in love with!
Then, of course, you’ll have to watch them all die horribly. But hey, it was fun while it lasted!
6. There are a few exceptions, of course. Like God.
(As you can see, they’re extremely conservative in their portrayal of omnipotent theistic beings.)
7. Or the king of hell.
8. And who can forget the longest surviving characters of all?
9. And finally, once you watch it, all these GIFs will make perfect sense to you.
No, seriously, I swear.
10. OKAY, IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO EXPLAIN, JUST WATCH THE FREAKING SHOW.