I was thinking of this, someone on Twitter had figured it out first but,
There, in the cup. We can see Sal has more than a prosthetic face.He also has a glass eye. Meaning, he’s missing one.
And we can figure this wasn’t dropped in willy nilly. As in the first epi his entire face but one eye is wrapped.
So it had me thinking. Does that mean that the septic eye in the sewers is more than a nod to Jack? Bc if so, I’d trucking love that. It’s not out of place and still fits in the universe of Sally Face. Bc Sally lost an eye.
Watching Sally Yates slapping that little weasil Ted Cruz with truth like he is her little bitch is a thing of beauty. This woman is brilliant, articulate, prepared, principled, and right. She is exactly what our government needs more of.
Here’s Percy from the Lightning Thief Musical. Chris nailed his character, like the this is the best Percy adaptation ever. Here’s a few highlights from the premiere night:
- Percy basically flopping on the floor when he came home to Sally, really sad that he’s expelled.
- makes lightsaber noises with his sword
- LOVES HIS MOM VERY MUCH
- HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS WERE AMAZING??? Like it was all sassy and dramatic and the Percy we know?? Especially when Poseidon flirted with Sally, he looked so awkward and so done with life.
- signs Medusa’s head to Mt Olympus in a box and when Annabeth told him that the gods will think that they’re impertinent, he just smiles and says “We are impertinent.” He later gives the box to Sally and says that it’s a “do-it-yourself box” and screams “NOO ITS MEDUSA’S HEAD” when she wants to open it.
- “Good Kid” was so emotional like he ran around and his voice cracked at one point and my heart broke. A+++
- says “this is nuts” when Grover talks to the squirrel.”
- “Is that a fork?” when he’s claimed
- “its Tatarus” “you mean… thE FISH SAUCE??”
- After Annabeth’s like “sexist much?” he goes, “NO I LOVE GIRLS…. I mean…umm…. they’re really nice!”
- sits on a toilet during capture the flag. confused by his own powers
- basically the sassy dramatic dork that we know and love.
SALLY comes into the room to find CLARISSA sitting on the side of the bed in her coat. The two women look at each other. SALLY comes round and gestures to CLARISSA to stand up. SALLY puts her hands on CLARISSA’S shoulders to help her take off the coat. As she does, CLARISSA turns and looks at SALLY, the two of them overcome. The two women look warmly at each other, then they kiss.
okay but tbh lgbt etc people are more likely to come out in moving vehicles (i would know) so like… trans percy coming out to sally on one of the car rides to their special place, that beach where she met poseidon.
its fugliano’s shitty car and percy hates it, of course, but his mom is there and its so easy to forget all the bad things in their life when its just him and his mom. theyre talking, just catching up because hes been at school, and he says, suddenly, “mom, can you ask you something weird?” and she nods her consent.
percy asks “if i was a boy, what would you have named me?”
its a pretty standard question, lots of kids ask it, so she doesnt think anything of it. she thinks for a long time about it, going through the names she considered before the sex reveal, trying to decide, but then says “perseus” and he hears the name and he loves it so much. he asks her why and she explains, tells the story of perseus the hero, the tale of the hero that survived. when the story finishes, all thats left is the sound of the tires on the road, the wind rushing around them from speed. its a comfortable silence, mostly, but percy is fighting to find resolve and sally can kind of tell.
suddenly, he asks, in a voice so quiet she can barely hear him, “will you call me perseus?” and his voice still breaks and it surprises him more than it surprises sally somehow, who looks over with wide eyes before looking back at the road. she agrees, no matter what, but she asks why. he tries to explain, but he doesnt have the vocabulary beyond “because im a boy.” she agrees again, says yes, of course, anything for my baby boy, and then suddenly percy is crying and hard too.
percy’s tears startle a wet laugh out of her and her voice is thick when she says “oh baby no, no crying, we’re okay, i love you” and percy cant find the voice to tell her thats hes just so fuckin happy so he just smiles as big as he can, laughing too.