Whoever asks Allah for Paradise three times, (Allahumma inni as'aluk al-Jannah), Paradise will say, ‘O Allah, admit him to Paradise.’ Whoever seeks protection from the Fire three times, (Allahuma Najjini min an-Nar) Hell will say, ‘O Allah, protect him from the Fire.’
Prophet Muhammed ﷺ narrated by Anas, Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2572; Ibn Majah, 4340. saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jami’, 6275).
Whoever has offended you and then approached you to apologize, humility obligates that you accept his apology whether it is truthful or not, and that you leave his secret thoughts to Allah. The sign of generosity and humility is that if you notice a defect in his apology, you do not address it nor hold him against it.
Ibn al-Qayyim, Madaarij as-Salikeen (Ranks of the Wayfarers), 2/338.
1. When you are treated unjustly, do not behave unjustly.
2. when you are praised do not become happy.
3. when you are criticised, do not become upset.
4. when you are not believed, do not become angry.
5. If the people act deceitfully towards you, do not act deceitfully towards them.”
Related by Ibn al-Jawzee in Sifatus-Safwaa, 2/200.