19th Century Trans Man Montparnasse. My favourite Head canon- and it could be canon.
- ‘Effeminate’ and ‘graceful’? Really come one
- ‘Slender waist, hips like a woman’- ‘pretty face, cherry-lips, glossy dark hair’ Do I need to say more
- Born Female and therefore unable to do most jobs, their parents abandoned them in Montparnasse.
- He can only scavenge boys clothes, until he is lifted by Patron Minette, who are enchanted by his wit and fierce nature.
- They clothe him, teach him how to pick locks, steal, flirt, sleight of hand. All of the trade.
- They rename him Montparnasse, where he was found.
- It’s safer on the streets to be male.
- The bigger your name is, the less likely people are wanting to give you a hard time, so he built himself up to be a monster.
- ‘Men can wear corsets too Babet Lord above shut your face and lace me’
- He quickly found out that nothing in life was fair, and to get what you deserve you have to take it, fight for it. Which is why he cannot quite hate people like Enjolras.
- As much as he loathed to be considered a weak female, his physical state meant that he could do a lot more undercover work.
- Another reason he would sympathize with Eponine, and admire her, safeguard her.
I could go on. And on. Trans Montparnasse is extremely possible, alongside his mirror of Trans Enjolras.