ACOTAR Halloween headcanons
(ps modern au)
- Mor freaking loves Halloween. She loves dressing up. She’d never dress up as anything too gory or gross, but she will definitely go all out and spend months in advance planning her outfit. It would be fashionable, and just the right amount of scary and sexy.
- Elain and Lucien wear matching costumes. Not like matchy-matchy, but like those couples costumes. Lucien only goes along with it if he can make them culturally relevant, the kind that take a moment to understand, but then people laugh when they finally do.
- Nesta isn’t super into it, but since Cassian is so enthusiastic, she goes along. And he’s not enthusiastic in the same way that Mor is. He’s more like… let’s add more blood! And Nesta thinks it’s pretty gross, but she also secretly loves the fact that it gives Cassian such joy. When they go to the Halloween store, Cassian will spend hours picking out different accessories, including make-up and prosthetic wounds that he has Nesta swear she will help him apply.
- Nesta, on the other hand, picks out one of those outfits that come in the plastic bag, throws it on in two minutes, and has Cassian drooling after her all night.
- Amren comes to the Halloween party wearing her necklace of rubies, a designer sheath dress, heels, and a killer expression. She holds a wine glass that looks suspiciously like blood. When anyone asks, she just says she is a vampire, and flashes them teeth that are far too lifelike for comfort.
- Azriel would prefer to stay in the shadows, saying he is the designated driver, and eventually Mor and Cassian would have to pull him out of his solitude to come dance with them. All he wears is a black suit with a pair of bat wings.
- Rhysand goes all out. He’s the one who hosts the party every year, and he goes in for more of a classy-scary vibe. Nothing will jump out at the guests, but it will be the epitome of the Night Court. Dark, sparkling, elegant, and deadly. The alcohol is flowing all night, and all of the guest bedrooms have been prepared in advance for midnight liaisons (complete with bowls of condoms), or just people who can’t hold their liquor.
- Feyre spends forever trying to decide on a costume, and she finally has to ask Mor for help. She then realizes this is a mistake, as Mor is way, way too into this. She wants to make sure that Feyre and Rhys match, and so soon he gets roped into her plans and they end up wearing costumes that match, but are darkly elegant.
- Elain tries to dance, but since she is a lightweight and has had two glasses of wine, she makes no progress in her sense of coordination. Lucien has to carry her to sleep in one of the bedrooms, which has been reserved for them, because Elain does this every year.
- Mor gets caught making out with a woman in a darkened corner, and Feyre never stops teasing her for finding the most beautiful woman in the room and making her fall in love in a hot minute.
- Rhys is always the last one awake, making sure that everyone has had a good time and either made it home safely, or installed themselves in one of his guestrooms. He and Feyre fall asleep together on an armchair, disheveled and a bit drunk, but glad to have made their friends happy.