Settlers deny that they desecrate sacred remains. They deny the violence that happened at Standing Rock, and now they continue to desecrate and destroy the sacred sites. Please signal boost, call, get the word out that this is happening. Colonialism is still ongoing, never forget.
On Thursday morning, law enforcement entered the Oceti Sakowin camp to do a final sweep before officially shutting it down, ending a months-long protest against the completion of the nearby Dakota Access Pipeline.
The Oceti Sakowin camp was the largest of several temporary camps on the northern edge of the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota. Protesters have been living on this land for months, in support of members of the Standing Rock Sioux.
Supporters have said that running the pipeline under under a part of the Missouri River known as Lake Oahe would jeopardize the primary water source for the reservation, and construction would damage sacred sites, violating tribal treaty rights. The river crossing is the last major piece of the pipeline that remains unfinished.
’ A nemeton is a sacred place, a holy site which nourishes and replenishes the soul, offering both refuge and renewal through communion with nature and the divine…it is an experience of attentiveness, present-centredness, and overall communion with our life and the world in a fully engaged manner. In this way, any encounter has the possibility of being an abundant and fertile ‘nemeton experience’ and sacred awareness is no longer limited to just a particular holy place. Life itself is the nemeton, the sacred site that we commune with and which can nourish our soul. Slowly we come to the realization that, at every moment, our life is a pilgrimage to a holy place at which we are arriving.’
A Reminder of Everything to Come in Lord of Shadows (5/23) : Courtesy of Shadowhunters Wikia
• As with Lady Midnight and its eponymous character, there is also a character called Lord of Shadows.
• The characters will visit London, specifically the institute. The ley lines and sacred sites of England may be discussed.
• There will be “tons of Centurions”.
• The Shadowhunters will hunt down a squid demon—a Teuthida—that has been snatching and terrorizing people going to the carnival at the pier.
• Emma is fake-dating Mark, and Cristina is aware of their deal.
• The installment will pick up where the last ended.
• A faerie arrives to tell Mark that Kieran will be executed for killing another faerie, forcing the Shadowhunters to journey to Faerie to save him.
• The rise of a company called the Cohort, a part—the worst part—of the Clave which believes that Downworlder rights should be restricted and that there should be a registry of werewolves and warlocks will be dealt with.
• They start coming down hard on the main characters, specifically Mark and their relationships with Downworlders.
• The previously-teased trans character, one that has been introduced before, will be featured.
• Ty will learn more about his nature—the fact that he is neuroatypical—and may start to explore romance.
• Jem and Tessa may or may not appear in this installment, and even if they do, they will mostly be background characters.
• Dru will make an important discovery.
• Cornwall will be visited.
• There will be some focus on Kit and Ty, Julian and Emma, Cristina and Mark, and Mark and Kieran. Cristina may “sort of” choose between Diego and Mark, while Mark will also have to make a choice.
• Cristina will have a romantic dance with an unexpected guy, and she will also dance with Mark.
• There will also be more Cristina, Dru, and Diana Wrayburn, who will have her a portion of the book told in her POV.
• Kieran and Kit will interact a bit.
• Livvy will be protective of Kit.
• A big, new aspect to the parabatai bond will be revealed.
• Jules and Emma’s parabatai bond, or the powers Jules may get from their love, may be affected when he finds out about Emma and Mark.
• Helen and Aline will make appearances. The Blackthorns’ goal of getting them out of exile will also be discussed.
• A part of the book will take place in Faerie where Kieran’s siblings will appear.
• Magnus, Clary, Jace, Alec, and Robert will make appearances.
• Magnus and Alec will be featured prominently in this installment.
• Jace and Clary will arrive at the Los Angeles Institute with a message from the Consul and will hold a meeting, for which they will request the presence of Emma and Jules.
• The reason for Clary turning down Jace’s marriage proposal will be revealed.
• Clary and Jace will eat Chinese food from Jade Wolf.
• Jessamine Lovelace will most like appear, and it is possible that Kit Herondale will see her.
• The last word will be “hour”, and the first is “Kit”.
• Mark and Helen’s faerie names will be revealed.
• Jaime Rosales will be introduced.
• The twist at the end of the book will be “brutal”, and Cassie has described the end with the word “blood”.
• Four characters who are relatively familiar to the readers will die.
• Rafael and Max will play and become friends with Tavvy in this installment.
• We will either once again see the Seelie Queen or just learn more about her in this installment.
• Marisol and Jon will be mentioned in this installment.
• Diana Wrayburn’s past will be explored.
• The terms Blackthorn Hall, Thule, The Eldest Heir, and The Riders of Mannanan will be featured in this installment.
• Gwyn ap Nudd will have a “surprisingly big role to play”.
•The book is longer than Lady Midnight, with around 700 pages.
• The book will have a special edition.
Ancient Shrewsbury sacred site 'oldest of its kind'
Archaeologists say a sacred burial site uncovered in Shrewsbury in February is over 4,000 years old.
They say the site, which was discovered at a Greek Orthodox Church, may be the country’s oldest-known continuously used sacred ground.
Finds suggest it has been used during every era since the late Neolithic period.
Carbon dating of a wooden post extracted during the dig showed it was placed in the ground in 2,033 BC.
Archaeologists expected the post to be Anglo-Saxon.
“The dates have shocked us all,” said lead archaeologist Janey Green.
“It appears the current Medieval church is built over the site of an ancient pagan burial ground that’s been in use from the late Neolithic period through the Bronze Age, Iron Age, Roman, Anglo-Saxon and through to today. Read more.
We know the vague details from The Force Awakens: After the events of Return of the Jedi, the Rebellion became a New Republic and Luke founded his own Professor X-like school for gifted students who displayed a sensitivity to the Force. One of them was his own nephew, Ben Solo, who became corrupted by the Knights of Ren (we still don’t know too much about them) and Supreme Leader Snoke (ditto.)
Taking the new name Kylo Ren, he helped slaughter his fellow students at the school. After that, his parents — Han Solo and Leia Organa — were driven apart, overcome by grief and shame. And Luke Skywalker retreated to a secret, sacred Jedi site on the island-world of Ach-To.
This is kind of buried, but I think this take on Kylo and his character evolution is easily the most intriguing element of this story. It clarifies two things:
1. That Kylo was corrupted by the Knights of Ren and Snoke (i.e. the KOR seem to have existed prior to Ben joining them).
2. Ben Solo was not solely responsible for the destruction at Luke’s temple.
I’m trusting Anthony Breznican to be precise with his wording here, but I think that’s a safe assumption given that he’s super in there with Lucasfilm and Disney. It’s interesting to see the narrative reinforce the idea that Ben was led astray and manipulated, instead of being some independent agent of evil.
Detailed studies of the geographic alignment of famous ancient world sites have revealed interesting correlations. According to the diagrams presented above, the Great Pyramid at Giza is aligned with Machu Picchu, the Nazca Lines, Easter Island, Ur, Ollantaytambo, Persepolis and Mohenjo Daro along a straight line that makes a great circle around the Earth. This global effort was performed within a margin of error of less than one tenth of one degree of latitude. This would suggest an ancient knowledge of the shape and dynamics of the plane by seemingly different cultures who existed at different time periods, according to the traditional Archaeological view. Most strikingly, this sort of grand scale engineering was well before current accepted thought allows room for human consciousness to be advanced enough for such beliefs.
The Great Pyramid at Giza is not only located along this ancient “great circle” of latitude which many researchers speculate was an ancient “equatorial plane” of the Earth, but it was constructed at the geographic center of all landmasses of the Earth. All other sacred sites, including churches synagogues and cathedrals, are geometrically tied to this physical point on the Earth sphere through an interlocking energy grid known as ley lines. These ley lines originate and end with the Great Pyramid at Giza.
Ley lines are one of the most enduring Earth mysteries. A network of prehistoric pathways perform a criss-crossing of the country-side. Some believe them to have mystical significance. Ancient cultures certainly knew of and utilized these connections. Ley lines, also known to some cultures as “dragon lines,” are a phenomena that most people have heard of but few really understand. Indeed it would be fair to say that no-one understands their complete function and workings, as their existence is driven by a force not currently understood by the prevailing scientific paradigm. Ley lines interact with and shift with the Earth’s magnetic field. They seem to be formed by geometric principles that may exist at a higher dimension of organization of light, sound, energy and above the material plane.
On an esoteric (focus on the inner workings of things) level, the soul form is thought to attach through these electromagnetic energy grids which create the the illusion of space and time. These higher dimensional forms of consciousness are drawn down from a formless state and are linked back to one source of creation — through a web of sorts — a myriad of grid energies governs all creation within the material dimension. This pattern of creation has been described as the same creational design — the Flower of Life — which has been a concept described across mystical traditions. The tree of life is how mystics describe our connection into matter. This is described in different ways through different traditions. The soul is linked to physical reality through this grid matix pattern driven by sacred geometry and linked to the universe through a series of dimensions that serve to order reality.
Cultural appropriation and cultural cannibalism may be defined as the buying, the selling and the consuming of other peoples’ cultural artifacts, images, values and beliefs as well as sacred sites without permission of the culture being used. Cultural cannibalism is an insidious and hideous part of colonialism as it is part of the process of assimilation, what I would call a deliberate attempt to eradicate those beliefs, values, attitudes, behaviors, language, religion and practices of a [native] culture that are in contradiction or in conflict with the dominant [society].
Problem: no matter how fast the bodies decompose, people will object to using that land for anything ever again. Solution: ?
Solution: we get over it. We already live on ancient cemeteries and bulldoze sacred burial sites almost without hesitation. The whole continent is strewn with ghosts and has been since before Europeans arrived. Ideally, I think natural burials should be partnered with forest restoration projects… transitioning from livestock food sources to more sustainable and healthy insect-based proteins and reducing agricultural land. And making reproductive health care more accessible, education more affordable, and maybe creating incentives to adopt…
anyway yeah that’s part of my ‘benevolent dictator of the world’ plan
SUNDAY: Indigenous women poets, writers, and musicians explore the power of language, story, and song in today’s fight for environmental and cultural justice. With a focus on the Standing Rock Resistance, Words for Water is a call to action and awareness around protection of sacred sites, cultures and languages, and our water, air, and earth. Featuring Natalie Diaz, Jennifer Foerster, Joy Harjo, Toni Jensen, Layli Long Solider, Deborah Miranda, and Laura Ortman and contributions by Heid E. Erdrich and Louise Erdrich. Tickets at whitney.org. Can’t make it? We’ll be streaming the event live on our Facebook page.
You cursed yourself for believing that Kylo would still be there.
“I didn’t want to wake you,” Kylo said as he walked out of the bathroom, fully dressed but not yet wearing his helmet. He threw you a clean towel, “Shower up. Hux has detected storms on our course back so we’ll need to leave as soon as possible.”
You were still trying to process that fact that Kylo had stayed in your bed all night when you were faced with the realisation that you would have to say goodbye to your family soon. The sorrow you felt on the last occasion still seemed so raw, and yet it was also so long ago.
Kylo saw the frown displayed quite clearly on your face. “I told you, you don’t have to come back—”
“And I told youthat I want to come back,” you said, flashing him a half-hearted smile. But before he could respond, you went into the bathroom.
“Cheer up, Princess, I’m sure Ren will convince the Supreme Leader to have another one of these ‘diplomatic missions’ with your planet in the near future,” Hux teased.
“That’s enough, Hux,” Kylo responded calmly. Almost too calmly. It was as if he was trying particularly hard not to lash out at him at that very moment.
You could sense Kylo’s gaze on you, though you couldn’t be sure with his helmet on. You turned away from both of the men, fixing your stare on the ground of the Command Shuttle.
Saying goodbye to your family hadn’t been as hard as you imagined it would be. It seemed that your training had been useful in helping to contain your emotions in situations like these.
So at this moment, when you had expected yourself to be feeling sad after leaving your family, all you felt was confusion. You were confused at yourself for refusing to accept Kylo’s offer and stay on your home planet. But mostly, you were confused about why Kylo would even offer such a thing.
You finally felt as if you and Kylo were actually making some progress. Ever so slowly, he was beginning to open himself up to you. You sharing your bed last night was evidence of that. Certainly, nothing had actually happened between you two, but it felt like a step in the right direction. Whether this was a friendship blossoming between you two or perhaps something more, you were just thankful that something was happening.
That’s when you felt it. The familiar tingling sensation in the pit of your stomach. The same one that you had felt when you had first met Kylo over a month ago in your palace’s throne room.
You furrowed your brows as you looked over to Kylo, almost certain that it had something to do with him. In that same moment, he also looked to you, as if he too felt the same thing.
Hux’s exclamation snapped you from Kylo’s gaze and you stood up, “What is it?”
“The engine is failing,” Hux told you. The Shuttle dipped as if in response to him and you steadied yourself.
“Why?” Kylo spoke this time, marching towards the cockpit.
The pilot, quite clearly frightened with both the General and the Commander towering over him, managed to stutter a response, “I-I’m n-not sure…It’s p-possible that debris from the storm has become… s-stuck in the e-engine…Sir.”
You made your way towards the cockpit, “Is there anything we can do?”
“I-I’m afraid not, Y/N—”
“Your Highness,” Kylo spat.
You raised an eyebrow and looked to Kylo incredulously. Now really wasn’t the time.
“S-sorry, Your Highness,” the pilot correct himself, “There’s nothing that can be done this far from Starkiller Base. The engine’s functioning capacity is dropping too quickly.”
“I don’t even know where we are,” Hux muttered to himself, “I’m going to die, and I don’t know where we are,” panic was laced in every word he said.
You rolled your eyes, “We are not going to die, General.” You turned back to the pilot, “What is your name?”
He seemed taken aback by your question, but quietly spoke, “James, Your Highness.”
You smiled, “Call me Y/N, I insist.” He nodded slowly.
“Can you make a safe landing anywhere James?” You asked him, pleased that you were able to keep calm despite the very real possibility that Hux was right and you were all about to crash land somewhere.
He studied the radar carefully before pointing to a small dot on the screen, “I can send us into Hyperdrive with just enough power to land safely on this planet—”
“Not there,”Kylo interjected.
“This is not the time to be childish Ren, you can’t pick and choose!” Hux snapped at him.
You sighed, there was obviously a reason behind Kylo’s desire to avoid that planet. “Is there anywhere else?”
“Nowhere,” James responded with absolute certainty.
You looked at Kylo carefully, though the helmet gave nothing away. You turned back to face the radar, “We will all die if he doesn’t land here,” you thought.
There was a momentary pause. “So be it,” you heard Kylo’s voice in your head before he stormed out of the cockpit.
You gave James a quick nod and he sent the Shuttle into Hyperdrive while Hux let out a sigh of relief.
“What happens when we land, James?” You asked him, though you feared you knew the answer.
“We will be stranded there until a First Order starship can retrieve us.”
“How long will that take?”
“It could be hours… or days, possibly longer,” Hux responded absent-mindedly, it appeared as if the panic had once more set in.
You sighed but nodded your head curtly before leaving the cockpit.
You found Kylo pacing quickly, mumbling something under his breath.
“Is everything all right?”
“What do you think?” He responded, letting out a frustrated huff.
You crossed your arms, “I’m only trying to help. You don’t have to snap at me.”
“I don’t need your help, I’m fine.”
“You’re clearly not fine, it sounded as if you would rather die than land on that planet!”
“Death doesn’t scare me.”
“Don’t speak like that, you don’t mean it,” you said through gritted teeth.
“You know nothing of how I feel.”
“Then tell me!” You exclaimed. So much for the two of you making progress.
A few moments passed between you in silence, but when Kylo spoke, his voice was barely above a whisper, “The planet we’re going to. It was once one of the most sacred sites of the Jedi Order,” Kylo sighed, “Death doesn’t scare me. But just the thought of losing you to the Light terrifies me.”
Tag List(Send me a message if you want to be included!)