Honestly, I’ve been anti-Plec slowly for a while, but now….full on.
Caroline “He will be the man that I always loved”
This line pisses me off because she didn’t always love him. She had a crush and moved on with Damon (ugh), then Matt. If she truly loved him, she wouldn’t of given up or it would of taken much longer to move on.
Yep, she really loved Stefan when she was getting Tyler’s D.
Yeah, she was really thinking about her “love” for Stefan, here.
Julie Plec has not only disrespected Forwood, but also Tyler. He came back for three seconds only to be killed by Damon and NO ONE IS UPSET! She literally excuses killing Tyler. Then she belittles Forwood. Who are probably more loved that Klaroline. A portion of Klaroliners (like me) also like Forwood but we prefer Klaroline.
I know that a lot of Forwood stans hate Klaroline for ruining their ship, but at least we acknowledge it:
Klaroline don’t dismiss Forwood, we acknowledge it for the greatness it is.
There are a lot of reasons why I can’t buy into Steroline, the main reason is that they are my BrOTP. they had this beautiful emotional chemistry as friends, and fans loved that. I admit I could see them as a couple, but the way it happened just went to shit.
1) They don’t have the physical chemistry or the passion to anchor a show.
2) Stefan was the reason she turned her humanity off (along with Liz’s death). Don’t fight me she said it!
3) They were bad for each other. Ok, on paper, they are fine. But I’m talking character development. Caroline went from an insecure human to an independent vampire, full of snark and sassiness, she showed no fear and managed to attract the Original Hybrid! With Stefan, she cried over a guy, always forgave him too quickly and was insecure again, it never felt like Stefan deserved Caroline. It just felt like Stefan could do what he wanted because he knew Caroline would always be there. If he messed up, like leaving Caroline and travelling and dating Valerie, or sending her to the wrong location of the twins - it was “I’m sorry”, “Forgiven” ½ episodes later. I want to see Stefan grovel and beg. He needs to know that he’s done wrong and how to avoid it, he needs to know that Caroline can’t be treated like that, earn her forgiveness.
4) Stefan also suffered. Now, I don’t know if this is down to Paul Wesley, he loves the epicness of Stelena. But Stefan felt more selfish with Caroline. With Elena, you knew that it was Elena and that he wouldn’t stray and Elena was the priority. With Elena gone, Julie shifted it to the brothers, but this meant that Stefan prioritised Damon over Caroline, but at times it would also be other people, he liked to keep Caroline out of the loop.
5) Caroline’s only storyline for S8 was the June Wedding and Stefan. In S7 it was Stefan, the twins were only involved due to Candice’s pregnancy. Julie just didn’t give her a proper storyline.
6) The quick steps: They got engaged just after moving in, and a couple of months after they reunited. Yeah they known each other for long. 4 years as friends, A few months in S7 as a couple, then 3 years off. - but they haven’t dated long enough on to know if they are a stable couple, what if they broke up. Spoiler alert: They did. Then they get married and it wasn’t about them. It only happened because of Katherine and Damon organised it, with Caroline getting no say, she had a Steferine song and Katherine’s necklace. Not to mention they just got back together the episode before. I’d buy the wedding more if it was fake, but then they eloped or agree to do the real thing after Katherine was dealt with.
7) When Enzo died, she went to Stefan and not Bonnie. I believe in ho’s over bro’s and I think she should of gone to Bonnie first, even if Bonnie rejects her and let Damon handle Stefan. I think that if she did that, Bonnie might not immediately reject her.
The last one isn’t about Steroline, it is about the stans. I’m not going to generalise everyone, but one of my peeves is that they claim that KC are a bullying fandom and make themselves sound perfect when I’ve heard worst. I’m not saying that Klaroline is perfect, there is a lot of ugly in ships, especially these days and in current shows. But I remember when Steroline were split and I saw stans give a lot of hate to Julie and the writers on twitter, also getting in a strop if another ship gets honoured or referenced. Also another peeve is when Steroline stans say that Klaroline stans must hate Caroline. But I’ve seen a lot of Steroline stans who like Damon and Daroline friendship and that is worst. He abused her, made her feel terrible and got away with it. Yeah, there scenes are cute but they forget the S1 context. Damon got away with it and Caroline never got an apology, Plec just address it in S8 as if he was always guilty, and she already forgave him. - The big injust is how they handled that. Prime time to approach that was S1 and S2 but they skimmed over it.
On paper, they should work. I love the friends-to-lovers- trope, but they approached it wrong and they created a couple that can’t anchor as a main couple that goes through angst, I’ve seen more people go off it. Trust me I wasn’t against this from the start. I try to love all the ships that happen, I’m Stelena, but when Delena happened I was okay this is the new thing. But the writers did not create an epic story.
Not to mention the humanity switch. It just surprises me, how much people get away with it, especially if you’re a main character. Damon and Stefan do the worst off it and they come of unscathed by the gang. Stefan has an addiction to blood, that changes someone which equates to an addiction to drugs or alcohol. It changes someone, to the point that sometimes they want to switch their humanity off and not care. Vampires can actually do that! It would just be nice for the main characters to go “No! That’s not cool, be guilty for a while” - obviously not for too long, that doesn’t make good TV, but when you compare to when they condemn someone who isn’t in their inner circle it’s shocking.
Now, you may not agree, I expect many not to. But the big fanservice isn’t great. Yes, Klaroline were a little fanserviced - but not completely otherwise they’d be together. But Steroline has been fanserviced all season this year. All you guys are so happy you got your wedding, that it doesn’t even bother you that it wasn’t about them and the only reason they had it was to lure an enemy out. Yeah, they love each other, and probably would have eventually have the wedding but it wasn’t their wedding. The wedding will forever be tainted by that. If the wedding happened with no ulterior motive, I’d be upset, but I’d be fair enough and try to move on. But I can’t be happy for Caroline in the circumstances it happened.
Tyler Lockwood deserved better. Forwood deserved better. Klaroline deserve better (if you don’t intend to have them together, don’t lie and bait us).
A note for Forwood fans, if KC weren’t endgame, I would of been happy with Forwood.