20 Behind-The-Scenes Facts About Pirates Of The Caribbean.
1. During the filming of On Stranger Tides, Johnny Depp spent over $60,000 out of his own pocket to buy waterproof jackets for 500 crew members to protect them from the cold, wet weather.
2. While filming in London in October 2010, Johnny Depp received a letter from a local 9-year old schoolgirl, telling him her classmates needed help to ‘mutiny’ against her teachers. He turned up with almost no warning at the school in full Sparrow outfit, but advised against mutiny.
3. In Curse Of The Black Pearl, Johnny Depp improvised many of his lines, including the notorious, “Bring me that horizon,” and Jack Sparrow’s catch phrase, “Savvy?"
4. Depp and Verbinski have a funny way of describing Jack running
away from danger. They both compared it to a “lizard running on water.” Looking
back at pirates of the caribbean, we can totally see where they’re coming from.
5. The cast and crew walked away from filming with tons of
“treasure.” When production wrapped, many of the people who worked on the film (including Johnny Depp) picked props out from the treasure cave to take home. According to Verbinski, not a single one of the cursed coins was left behind.
6. Geoffrey Rush was afraid that people wouldn’t notice him on screen when he and Keira Knightley were in the same scene. He came up with a solution, however. He thought that viewers watched films the same way they read books - from left to right - and thus, tried to be on the left side of the shot as much as possible so that people would notice him before they noticed Keira.
7. Robert De Niro was originally offered the role of Captain Jack Sparrow. However, he turned down the role because he thought that the film would do poorly in box offices.
8. Keira Knightley was only 17 years old when they started shooting the first Pirates Of The Caribbean. Because she was a minor, her mother had to accompany her to all of the shooting locations.
9. Johnny Depp’s character, Captain Jack, is portrayed as having gold teeth in the film. The gold teeth were actually Depp’s idea, but he predicted that executives would want fewer gold teeth than he wanted. So Depp told his dentist to implant extra gold teeth as a bargaining tool. After negotiations with the film executives, Sparrow’s final number of gold teeth in the film was what Depp had envisioned all along.
10. If you pay attention throughout The Curse Of The Black Pearl, there is a scab on Jack Sparrow’s chin that gradually gets bigger and bigger. Many thought that it was a mistake, but Depp revealed later that his was a prank he and his makeup artist had thought of together.
11. Clothing and smears of charcoal were used to conceal Johnny Depp’s numerous tattoos. The "Jack Sparrow” tattoo on his arm in the movie is a fake, but he actually got a real replica after finishing the film, in honor of his son Jack.
12. Originally, Johnny Depp wanted Jack Sparrow to have no nose and be afraid of silly things like pepper and the common cold. Disney rejected the idea.
13. Jack Sparrow is known for his outrageous face makeup, but he didn’t start with that look. While filming in a cave, excessive makeup was added to all of the characters so they wouldn’t looked washed out on film. When the crew realised how cool the makeup looked on Johnny Depp, they continued to use it on him for the rest of the movie.
14. The moment when Elizabeth kissed Jack Sparrow in Dead Man’s Chest was purposefully cut out of Orlando Bloom’s script so that the cameras could get a genuine, shocked reaction from him.
15. The fourth installation, On Stranger Tides, was the most expensive film ever made at the time, not adjusted for inflation. The budget ran to $300,000,000. That’s more than the budget of all three Lord Of The Rings films combined.
16. Johnny Depp based his performance on Keith Richards because he thought that pirates were just 18th century versions of rockstars.
17. The names of the three main characters are all related to birds: Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, and William Turner, who was a famous ornithologist.
18. The scene where Orlando Bloom impersonates Johnny Depp’s performance was devised by Bloom who asked producer Jerry Bruckheimer if he could put it into the movie.
19. According to the screenwriters’ commentary on the DVD, Will Turner is actually the best swordsman in the film, Barbossa and Commodore Norrington are evenly matched, and Jack Sparrow is the worst.
20. During filming of On Stranger Tides in London a 'Jack Sparrow’ impersonator just walked onto the set. The guards did not think to ask for any ID as he looked so much like the character.
This is a fic I wrote to celebrate @kuddle-cakes ‘s birthday!! A month ago u.u
I hope you like it baby!!
Kagome is a tattoo artist in training, and her mentor sends her to practice her art to a special flower shop, that has as owner the grumpiest hanyou she has ever met. Things are not going to be as easy as she thought.
Slightly NSFW at the end, just a little bit to add flavor to it XD
Also in FF.net and Ao3 if you preffer… This is a long one ;D
“Damn you Totosai!” she mumbled under her breath once again.
This was not what she thought that being a Tattoo artist in training would mean. It was the third place Totosai had sent her to practice her drawing. The first had been the zoo, the second had been the park, and now a flower shop.
Kagome thought it was pointless practice. What could she learn there that hadn’t been learnt on the other two assignment. Until that very morning she thought her mentor was going to finally let her work on stencils, finally practice tattooing, but no. Now she had to draw flowers.
After learning animal texture, movements, and light in her other assignments, what was she supposed to learn from this? Flowers were not her style.
The sign in front of her read ‘Petal Pushers’ and she smiled at the name. It was an unique name, and she hoped this also became an unique experience. Why did she sounded sarcastic even in her head?
As soon as she opened the door she was assaulted by the colourful surroundings. She blinked at the beautiful hues she could see.
Her eyes danced around looking for the reason of the kaleidoscopic effect. Soon she found herself staring at the ceiling, that had a few skylight with soft colors, some of them clear, others blue and some others pink or yellow.
A raspy voice sounded behind her. “It’s really special, right?” She turned to find an old and really short man talking to her with a soft smile on his face, “When he told me he wanted to do that to the ceiling I wasn’t convinced but I let him do it because he was doing it for free.” The man gave her a crooked smile with mischievous eyes, that Kagome couldn’t help to answer with a smile of her own.
“And what is a cute young woman doing in my shop?” He said affably.
Kagome hurriedly bowed before the elder. “I am Totosai’s newest apprentice, Kagome. And he told me I was supposed to come here as part of my training… I guess I’m supposed to draw flowers,” she finished not quite sure about what to say, Totosai hadn’t been clear about it.
The old demon had said, “Go to this store and tell the owner I sent you, draw as much as you can and show me your improvement when you feel like it.” He handed her a piece of paper and went to rest at the back shouting, “After you finish that training you can come back here”.
Now, the other elder was eyeing her intently, as if by staring at her long enough he would be able to answer his unspoken question. Meanwhile she was trying not to fidget.
“Alright, you can stay,” he said with a comforting smile, “just don’t listen to him and try not to fight him too much… He ruins the flowers when he is angry…”
The man turned around waving his hand over his shoulder as he walked to the entrance. “Stay as long as you want today, tomorrow you can sit on the table by the corner. Close the shop when you are done and don’t take any orders. The keys are on the counter. See you in a few days.”
And that was it, he flipped the sign on the door and disappeared.
By the time Kagome understood everything he said, he was gone.
“What a weird man…” she said under her breath.
He was weird but she supposed that any friend of Totosai must be strange to say the least.
She walked around the shop, stopping in front of each kind of flower enough to smell them and touch them. Paying close attention on their texture and how they captured the light. Smiling at how the colors seemed to change as she moved them around in her hands thanks to the colored glass on the ceiling.
Deciding she was going to start with the chinese bellflower, Kagome took the keys and closed the door. Thinking that maybe this was not such a waste of time.
The sun was bright and the day was comfortably warm as she walked to the Petal Pushers store, ready to start drawing all those beautiful flowers.
She opened the door and a pair of bells chimed; looking around she saw nobody and thought that maybe the weird man had left the place alone again, and she proceeded to settle herself in the table in the corner just like the man had said.
Her sketch pad was out and her favorite pencil in her hand when a loud ‘bang’ sounded around her. Someone had slapped a hand on th–her–table.
Her eyes darted to the side, finding a man standing beside her. She wondered how he managed to walk that close to her without being noticed, but as soon as she looked at his face, two things were clear. One, he was part demon–that explained his stealthiness– and two, he was angry.
“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” He asked as he kept glaring at her.
Kagome blinked, still taken aback by his inexplicable anger that seemed to be specifically towards her. The shock slowly gave way to anger.
“None of your damned business!” She answered as she pushed the hand on the table with her pad, huffing exasperated when it became clear there was no way she was able to move it, even slightly.
I just really wanted to write an accidental confession piece, and who better to write it with than Gladio? Especially because Episode Gladiolus came out today, so… ye. Have some fluff.
Gladio could tell that you were drunk. Like, shit-faced drunk. The last time he saw you, you were only slightly unsteady on your feet and you were heading off to the restroom. Now, he noticed you across the room, having a very intense conversation with the nearby wall.
You looked absolutely distraught. The hell could the wall have said?
(03.28.2017) || Started the class that I know is going to be my favorite today, so that was cool. I also worked on two of the four assignments due tomorrow, which is also cool when it’s coupled with the fact that I’ve already finished the other two. Here’s to a tough quarter that is going to be forcefully full of positivity.
Last night, I finished my 50th painting of 2017. I am elated and honored to paint as a living and I feel my skills grow every day. Thank you for being there and supporting me! I chose a cover that’s extremely dear to my heart for the big 5-0. Here’s to fifty more!!!
Those journals are some of the only physical objects from their home world that still exist. Even their bodies have been re-created. But the wood and leather and paper and ink that make up the first volumes of Lucretia’s mission log are still there, a record of their original reality.
Turtlestar-SPAIN- Bengal, sleek brown body with spots//Riverclan leader//Honeymoon’s mate
Sunnystream-ITALY- Chausie, auburn almost beige coat// Riverclan Medicine Cat
Honeymoon-ROMANO- Chausie, dark brown with longer fur around the muzzle and tail// Riverclan Queen>Warrior//Turtlestar’s mate
Cranepaw-JAPAN- Japanese bobtail, fluffy black coat with a white patch on the stomach//Riverclan Medicine Apprentice//BLIND
Stonestar-GERMANY- Russian blue, short bluish-grey coat and a pair of piercing blue eye//Thunderclan Leader//
Silvermist-PRUSSIA- Highlander, a huge cat with a striped fur of white and silver//Thunderclan elder (injured leg from attack)//Stonestar’s eldest brother
Eaglewing- AMERICA- American Short Hair, fiery red fur with white patches over one eye, his stomach, and paws//Thunderclan warrior//
Dewyleaf-ENGLAND- Munchkin, small cat with pale blond fur and a puffy tail//Thunderclan Medicine cat
Rosewhisper-FRANCE- Chartreux, pale grey with pale blue eyes//Thunderclan warrior//
Icystar-RUSSIA- Himalayan, cream and brown patches, very fluffy coat//Windclan leader
Minnowsong-CHINA- Nebelung, medium hair cat with grey fur and amber eyes//Windclan Medicine cat
Maplebreeze-CANADA- American Long Hair, pale blond fur with a pushed in nose and green eyes//Windclan Warrior//
( ✌︎'ω’)✌︎Leave me a message if you loved it, and I’ll continue writing
YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THE WARRIOR CAT SERIES TO UNDERSTAND I PROMISE ✌︎(‘ω'✌︎ )
The air was cool on his pelt, the unfamiliar images of pictures were in front of his face, but he didn’t know to react. It was raining, raining really hard, the river he was in front of was gushing over the sides with how much rain water was filling it. Up in the sky was the slams and booms of lightning and thunder, scaring the living day lights out of the apprentice.
He couldn’t move, his feet felt rooted to the muddy ground, just watching the rain fall in the rapid moving pond and feeling it get on his pelt.