“… Why are we doing this?” She points at the Sack. It’s clear to see that there’s thousands of other questions going through her head at this moment. And the doctor is glad that she isn’t asking all of them.
Though, this question was to be expected, but she’s sure that Nina wouldn’t like the full answer to it. She takes a short moment to think of a simplified version for both Nina’s comfort and conscience. “… We put out food for the demons.”
1) Texan Keith and his Cotton Eyed Joe
2) Lance fucking hates the song
3) it becomes the worst ear worm of his life.
4) from the outside, you would never know that Keith can’t get the song out of you head.
5) Lance would randomly start singing it while running errands and he screams in the middle of the supermarket cause of it.
6) Lance tries everything in his power to make it another song, including classic like “This is the Song that Never Ends” and Barney’s “I Love You.” But it never works.
7) Finally he gets a random week of silence. No song. No anything. He avoids all music as best he could, but then one random night it comes back.
8) he doesn’t get much sleep.
9) trying to get the song out of his head, he starts listening to modern music on the radio, Keith happens to be nearby.
10) the next day the ear worm is gone and it’s a song he had played the day before.
11) he figured it out that Keith was his Cotton Eyes Ear Worm.
12) He promptly attacks Keith the next time he sees him.