Divination Incantation (for Centering and Focusing)
If you are like me, I have a lot of trouble calming down enough to meditate. I have maybe put myself into a meditative state…10 times? In 29 years? But in order to read Tarot or runes, I need to be in a clean and clear state of mind.
Years ago, I came up with a small incantation. There are three simple steps to this process, and it gets me centered and focused within minutes.
1. Take your cards/runes/dominoes/whatever tool you use for readings and hold them in yours hands. Shut your eyes and take ten deep breaths. Completely fill your lungs and take your time breathing out. Focus on all the static energy in the room and draw it in with every breath. Pull that energy to your center (which is different for everyone. Mine is at my apex, beneath my sternum.)
2. There will be a stillness that surrounds you and that signifies the next part of this, which is reading this incantation:
When casting these [insert tool] from my hand, it is power I hold and understand. I will honor answers given to me, recognize the fates coming to pass, and that one day may be.
3. Silently thank your tool and begin your reading!
Hi everyone! I’ve noticed a bit of negativity floating around the divination community. And I wanted to make a quick post addressing it!
What happens when you request a tarot/energy/rune/oracle reading (especially a free one) and you feel like the reader got it wrong. That’s ok! It happens! But what’s important is how you respond to this! Most readers like myself ask for feedback so we know what we’re doing right but especially what we are doing wrong! So here’s a little how to guide on how to let a reader know that their reading didn’t meet your expectations without being rude!
1. Say thank you- even if you feel the reading was completely bogus say thanks! The reader used their time and energy to deliver a reading to you. They don’t have to offer these services but they do and you, whether you realize it or not, benefitted from this reading. Even if it’s wrong at least you are now certain what is not going on!
2. Express that you thought the reading wasn’t interpreted correctly in a KIND manner. Saying something like “your reading for me was dead wrong” isn’t helpful and is rude to your reader. Instead begin your feedback in a different way perhaps like “thank you for the reading! I wanted to leave some feedback as not everything you stated resonated with me”.
3. Back up your statement- we ask for feedback/constructive criticism! If you say we’re wrong but don’t say why you feel that way how are we supposed to learn? Readers make mistakes, we’re human! But we can’t learn if you rudely tell us were wrong but won’t support your claim.
4. Acknowledge potential error on your end- Was your question super vague? Is this a question you didn’t want the answer to? It’s possible you’re blocking yourself from accepting the full meaning of the reading. Make sure you analyze that as well.
5. Don’t have an attitude- I know it’s disappointing when you receive a reading that doesn’t resonate. You ask yourself “what the heck is this reader doing, this can’t be right”. You might be angry or upset to hear something negative. Try to keep that to yourself. If you can’t, it’s best not to leave feedback! Diviner are people who work hard at what they do. It can be really discouraging to get overly harsh negative words about our work.
If you express yourself correctly the diviner may be willing to revisit your reading and re-interpret it in light of the new info you provided. Like I said we’re human. I know that if I get info that might change things I give a reinterpretation of the reading. However,the reader may stick to their original reading as they may be picking up on something you can’t quite sense. Sometimes readings take a while to make sense or as mentioned you’re blocked to the message. Meditate on it and decide for yourself if you’re gonna accept this reading or let it go. If you get a negative reading and you don’t like it you don’t need to accept that as your final outcome. The future is malleable and you are in charge of it. Readings are never 100% accurate or set in stone. You can always make the change you are hoping for!
That’s all! I hope this helps! Remember to be kind to your diviners!
Use this oil to open up your third eye during meditation, divination and shadow work practices to allow greater intuition and increased psychic ability :)
- A carrier oil such as Grape seed or Almond oil
- Rosemary sprigs to recall past lives
- Lavender flowers to sharpen the mind
- Rose essential oil to increase psychic ability
- Frankincense essential oil to increase psychic ability
- Lotus essential oil for opening the third eye and assisting with self development
In a small jar sprinkle lavender flowers and arrange some rosemary sprigs. Cover with your carrier oil and add several drops of each essential oil. How much to use depends on how much you want to make and how big your jar is. I just went with whatever felt right.
Also keep in mind that essential oils can be toxic if applied directly to the skin, so try to keep a healthy ratio going with your carrier oil to dilute the essential oils.
Leave out in the moon light over night if you want to imbue some moon energy to your mixture otherwise just apply to your third eye and meditate away!
New series of tarot bags made from specialty, hand-printed fabric are now available in the shop. I’m in love with how they turned out! The gold ones even shimmer a little. If they look a little blurry, just click the pictures and it’ll clear up.
Do not be misguided. Open your mind to a new level of self awareness and intellect. Abandon your feelings of timidity. Do not give any thought to the whispers of the blind. Project an image of confidence and self assurance.
The Enlightened Perspective Spread– before you make a decision about someone or something, or feel you’ve got all the facts, and know what’s up… consult this spread to get some down-to-earth guidance and perspective. Or perhaps you just want to see what’s in the air about your day, understand your coworker, parent, or boss better, or even reflect on the decisions you’ve made, ego-free or ego-driven? Maybe you want to see how some drama will play out.
“The Moon” card from all my tarot decks, as well as my pendulums and runes; ready for cleansing and charging under tonight’s full Crow (Worm) Moon in Virgo ♍️🖤🌝
🔮 The Starchild Tarot Akashic Version
🔮 The Wild Unknown
🔮 The Hermetic Tarot
🔮 Tarot of Dreams
🔮 Klimt Tarot
🔮 Tarot Mucha
🔮 Tiny Tarot
🔮 The Fairy Tarot
🔮 Cosmic Tarot
🔮 Art of Tarot
🔮 Angel Tarot
Things to Ask a Diviner When You Don’t Know What to Ask
So let’s say that you’ve found a diviner that you really like, and you want to get a reading from them, and you don’t know what to ask. Or, let’s say you do your own divination, and you want to ask your cards/runes/other divinatory tool something besides the general reading - some specific information that will help you, but you just can’t figure out how to ask.
I believe that many of the methods used to cleanse items can also be used to charge them - the difference lies within your intention.
To cleanse, visualize negative energy actually leaving the object. To charge, visualize the object being filled with the energy from your chosen source.
Cleansing & Charging Methods:
Visualization - imagine a ball of energy forming around the item to either cleanse it or give it power (the color of the ball could correspond to your intent, i.e. white or blue for cleansing, red for power, etc.)
Earth -bury the object in soil or sand - a potted plant will also work
Water -submerge the item in running water
Salt Water-anoint or submerge the item in a salt water solution
Gem Water - anoint or submerge the item in a corresponding crystal elixir
Herbal & Floral Water - anoint or submerge the item in a solution of corresponding herbs or flowers
Sea Salt - sprinkle sea salt over/around the item or submerge it in a container of sea salt
Essential & Infused Oils- anoint item with corresponding oil
Smoke - pass the item through incense smoke
Fire -pass the item through an open flame
Storms -leave item outside during a thunderstorm
Wind & Breath-leave item outside when it’s windy or use your breath to essentially breathe your intent into the item
Crystals/Crystal Grid -surround the item with crystals of corresponding intent (can be arranged in a pattern to form a crystal grid and enhance energy) or simply pass the crystal over the item
Dried/Fresh Herbs & Flowers - sprinkle mixture over/around item or submerge the item in a mixture of herbs and/or flower petals
Sound - use a bell, whistle, or something similar to clear the space and associated items of negativity; alternatively, you can place the item near a set of speakers to absorb the energy from music and other sounds
Sigils - craft and use sigils that correspond with your intent (you can set the item on top of the sigil, draw the sigil on the item, etc.)
Technology -set the item near your phone/tablet/etc while it’s charging
Moonlight & Starlight -leave item in the path of these natural lights, either outside or in a windowsill overnight
Sunlight -leave item in the path of sunlight for a few hours during the day (before sunset, of course), either outside or in a windowsill
Divination -pair the item with a rune or tarot/oracle card that matches your intent in a small container
Incantations - create an incantation that states your intent and speak it aloud while holding the item
Physical Energy- engage in physical activity of some sort (exercise, dancing, sex, etc.) and direct that energy into the item
Actual cleaning-physically and literally clean any items with an appropriate solution (soap, alcohol, etc.); the energy put into cleaning can also be used to charge the item
Caution: some items, especially crystals, are not suitable for exposure to sunlight, water, or salt.