Hi! I’ve been listening to a lot of music lately to take my mind off stuff, so I thought I’d make a post of songs about mental health issues. I’ve categorised them by what aspect of mental health they refer to, and the songs in the categories with // in front of them may be triggering to people who suffer from these problems (or have in the past). If you have any more suggestions, send them to me and I’ll add them in.
//Songs about Suicide
Better Off Dead by Sleeping with Sirens
Adam’s Song by Blink-182
Goner by Twenty One Pilots
Fake You Out by Twenty One Pilots
Dead! by My Chemical Romance
Cemetery Drive by My Chemical Romance
Migraine by Twenty One Pilots
I’m Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket by Pierce the Veil
King for a Day by Pierce the Veil (feat. Kellin Quinn)
My Last Breath by Evanescence
Like You by Evanescence
Breathe No More by Evanescence
Missing by Evanescence
Friend, Please by Twenty One Pilots
One Less Heart to Break by Patent Pending
7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen) by Fall Out Boy (it’s not very obvious, but it’s about Pete Wentz’s suicide attempt)
Bullet by Hollywood Undead
//Songs about Depression
I’m Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance
HeavyDirtySoul by Twenty One Pilots
Addict with a Pen by Twenty One Pilots
The Kids Aren’t Alright by Fall Out Boy
What a Catch, Donnie by Fall Out Boy
Far Too Young to Die by Panic! at the Disco
The End. by My Chemical Romance
This is How I Disappear by My Chemical Romance
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day
Left Alone by Sleeping with Sirens
Madness by Sleeping with Sirens
Not Today by Twenty One Pilots
Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush (although I prefer the Placebo cover)
1. Never leave cookies in the oven too long. Even if they’re still really soft, take them out after the recommended time. When they cool they will harden. Trust me, no one likes cookies that taste like rocks.
2. Always take a jacket. Even if you think you’ll be fine. Even if you’ll be inside. Even if there’s a heater. Bring your jacket.
3. Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for help when you need it because everyone needs help sometimes.
4. The best pancake recipe is 1 cup equal parts flour and milk, ½ cup sugar and a pinch of baking powder. Add chocolate chips for extra deliciousness.
5. Go outside every day. Even if you don’t want to. Even if you have to use all your strength to drag yourself out of bed. The sunshine might not cure your problems, but it’ll do you so much good to breathe fresh air.
6. Don’t let your hobbies fade away. Keep reading, keep drawing, keep singing, keep painting, keep running. Keep doing what you love.
7. Carbs are not the enemy. They fuel your brain. So eat those potatoes and that rice and don’t you feel guilty about it for one second.
8. I know it sounds cliché but time really does heal all wounds. Give yourself 6 months and it won’t hurt so much, trust me.
9. Be kind. There is no reason for you to put someone down.
10. Learn to love yourself loudly and unconditionally and never apologise for it.
11. If you ever find yourself involved with someone who treats you like you’re nothing, run for the hills and never look back. They don’t deserve you.
12. Rose hip oil is a miracle worker. Gently rub over your face each night before bed and your skin will feel like silk.
13. Drink. Three. Litres. Of. Water. Every. Day.
14. Take pictures. Document everything. One day you’re gonna want to look back at all of this, make sure you have the photos to look at.
15. Let go of anything that weighs you down. The past is the past and there’s nothing we can do to change it. Every day is a another chance for us to do better, to be better.
16. Spend as much time as you can with the people who make you laugh.
17. Set up goals for yourself and keep yourself motivated in whatever you’re doing. Always have something to work towards.
18. Try to make your bed every morning. Yes it’s a hassle when you’re half asleep but there is no better feeling then coming home to a nice clean freshly made bed, especially if you’ve had a bad day.
19. Treat yourself but also look after yourself. Eat lots of fruits and veggies and move your body then dance all night and have a doughnut as a midnight snack. Life is about balance.
20. Never be afraid to love, even if you’ve been hurt before. Live life with an open heart and you might be vulnerable but you will experience so much joy.
Hey guys, today we’re gonna talk about mimetic words
and onomatopoeia in Japanese! Mimetic words, just like onomatopoeia, are words
that phonetically resemble the source of sound that they’re describing – they
mimic sounds, feelings, and senses! You will often see these mimetic words and onomatopoeia in
either ひらがな or カタカナ! It doesn’t really
matter which one you use.
Animal and Human
Sounds・擬声語・ぎせいご: Bear・ガオー・Roar Bee・ブーン・Buzz Cat・ニャー・Meow Cow・モーモー・Moo Dog・ワンワン・Woof Duck・ガーガー・Quack Fox・コンコン・??? Frog・げろげろ・Ribbit Horse・ひひいん・Neigh Monkey・ウキウキ・Oo-oo-aa-aa Mouse・チューチュー・Squeak Pig・ブーブー・Oink Sheep・めーめー・Baa
Child crying loudly・うわーん Chuckling secretively・ウフフ・(´∀｀*)ｳﾌﾌ Clearing your throat for attention・おほん Loud laugh・アハハ Speaking a foreign language fluently・ぺらぺら Surprised scream・うぎゃー Unable to contain laughter・クスクス
and Nature Sounds・擬音語・ぎおんご: You will often see 擬音語used in
Bursting into flames・メラメラ Heavy rain pouring down・ザーザー Rock tumbling down a hill・ゴロゴロ Running at full speed・タタタタ Stepping on dirt or sand・サクサク Thunder rumbling・ゴロゴロ Water bubbling gently・こぽこぽ Movement and Motion・擬容語・ぎようご: Asleep・ぐっすり Fast paced walking・すたこら Joints shaking・がくがく Nodding off・うとうと Trembling from cold, fear, or anger・ブルブル Wandering aimlessly・ウロウロ
Feelings・擬情語・ぎじょうご: Excited from anticipation・わくわく Fascinated by something beautiful・うっとり Happy, full of hope・うきうき Running around hurriedly・あたふた Throbbing pain・ずきずき Worrying about the past・くよくよ Worrying or wondering what to do・もやもや
i think the only thing more terrifying than somebody typing “lol” at the end of a passive aggressive post would be “el oh el” because then you would need to fucking run for the hills that person is unhinged and ready to murder