anyway i’m going to sit in my corner and ponder the idea of a Legends of Tomorrow (season one era)/Gotham crossover because y’all are sleeping on this wonderful idea
here’s some reasons:
- it’s the only show besides the Flash where this crossover could legitimately happen and make somewhat sense
- look, I can even write a plot starter: they need to go back in time and make sure a young Bruce Wayne doesn’t die because of REASONS (Rip refuses to reveal that Bruce = Batman)
- (also, I have a headcanon that Ray and Bruce know each other and I just want Ray being sunshiney and happy to this broody little teenager)
- LEONARD SNART WITH TINY SELINA KYLE
- oh his big brother instincts kick the fuck in when she stEALS HIS WALLET.
- OUT IN THE OPEN. HIS WALLET. LEONARD SNART. GOT HIS WALLET STOLEN.
- he tries to smuggle her back on the Waverider when Rip pulls him aside and reassures him not to worry, Miss Kyle is extremely valuable in the future
- Mick being his gruff but gentle self around Firefly (he thinks her flamethrower is awesome and never asks about her scars or comes close without her explicit permission)
- Sara and Barbara made out
- Stein HATES Gotham City, and gripes to Alfred about it
- OOOH OOOH but THEN
- The team goes back to PRESENT DAY GOTHAM
- and Bruce REMEMBERS them
- and once all the pieces come together and he realizes they were time travelers he asks Rip why he didn’t go back and save his parents
- and Rip just looks at the eight children in the Batcave interrogating his friends and trying to pick playful fights and says knowing where you are now, who you are now, all the lives you have bettered and saved, would you have wanted me too?
- as a bonus, with the current state of both shows, is it ridiculous enough to be canon?
- HELL YEAH
- am i going to have to write all of this fic myself