10 Signs He’s Pursuing You
In a Godly Way
1. He will call it a date.
Not “hanging out.” Not “just chilling.“
2. He will pursue you. He will call you first. He will text you first. You won’t have to chase him.
3. He will let you know he has taken an interest in you. You won’t have to analyze every conversation trying to figure out if it’s real
4. He won’t be scared to meet your parents, or other people in your life whom you respect because he has nothing to do hide.
5. He will read his Bible, Go to church and follow Christ and
Not just to impress you, but because this is what He believes.
6. He won’t avoid your Christian friends and try to steer you away from the things of God.
7. He respects the fact that you have chosen to wait…because he has chosen to wait too.
Even if mistakes have been made in the past and you are starting over, he is too.
8. He’s not scared of the word marriage and his purpose of dating you is intentional.
9. He is comfortable with you
being around his friends and people that know him.
10. He knows that he isn’t
some perfect Christian guy
and he isn’t trying to be,
but he is a sinner saved by grace.
Keep in mind about this list:
1. This list is for women who are followers in Christ and are seeking to be encouraged amidst the sometimes-confusing world of relationships. And that’s what this post is. An encouragement… (1 Thessalonians 5:11) not all the answers. You must seek God first.
2. We could talk about all of the different scenarios with guys all day, but it all boils down to this: this is just a post: God is the one who has the answers and the final say in your life. God will be the one to LEAD you in the decisions you make in your life. Seek him first. Pray about this. Get connected with a get connected with a local body of believers (a church) where you can have accountability with other Christian women to encourage you along the way. (Proverbs 8:11-12, Proverbs 16:1-4)
3. A godly man isn’t a perfect man. He’s a sinner saved by grace. So don’t look for perfection or impossibly high standards. We’ve all made mistakes. (Romans 3:23-24, Ephesians 2:8)
3. A godly man doesn’t have to be a pastor or a worship leader. A godly man pursues righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness (1 Timothy 6:11) and you don’t have to be a leader in the church to do those things.
4. If you don’t desire to be married, that’s fine but be reminded of this biblical truth for followers of Christ who decided to be single (1 Corinthians 7:8-9)
5. If you’re reading this list, shaking your head, thinking “guys like this” don’t exist. It’s simply not true. They may not be in your immediate circle or maybe, the guy who LIKED didn’t pursue you like this, but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Like I said yesterday, God is building up amazing men and women of God all around the world. Believe it. Keep on trusting Him and waiting on Him. You’ll see! (Psalms 27:14)
6. It’s important that you don’t try to be in a relationship before you are ready…ESPECIALLY for the high school and middle school girls reading this! Don’t awaken love before it’s time (Song of Solomon 2:7)