There is a blueprint of something never finished, something I’ll never Find my way out of, some web where the light rocks, back & forth, Holding me in a time that’s gone, bee at the windowsill & the cold Coming back as it has to, tapping at the glass.
Larry Levis, from section 7 of “Elegy for Whatever Had a Pattern in It,” Elegy (University of Pittsburgh Press, 1997)
- was a survivor of attempted murder, and was resilient to not let that horrid and traumatizing event bring her down or let it ruin her life
- was a victim of emotional abuse, and didn’t let the abuse get to her
- would save a baby bird from danger and make sure it found it’s parents
- knows how to hold a rocking party with friends
- survivor of emotional abuse from her stepmom and stepsisters for many years, and stayed kind towards others
- despite her family treating her so wrongly and poorly, she just wanted to spend a night with them and have fun with them, and just be like a normal family “ Prince Charming, who “ ?????
- she’s sassy as fuck “ Well I don’t want to interrupt their “music lesson “ during her stepsisters bad singing
- even though she had a short time to be at the ball, she was grateful for the opportunity anyways
- Gives up her happiness, to perform her duty as a princess for her kingdom and her kingdom’s future and knows that she must do her job as a princess. That’s pretty brave and selfless.
- that gorgeous blonde curly hair !!!!
- she’s the first Princess that goes forward to make her dreams come true, rather than just wishing, hoping and waiting.
- she’s adventurous, curious, loves to explore, learn about new things and new cultures and new world
- she’s the first Princess to save her love interest, but once, but twice
- different, odd and a misfit from the common crowd and gives no fucks
- “ Women shouldn’t read “ Well shut the fuck up, I’m going to do what I love and enjoy anyways.
- takes no bullshit. You are a asshole ? Got no time for that. She’s outtie.
- sees the good within people, but is also isn’t naive, she knows that some people are just plain monsters, through and through.
- will stand up for her rights, and won’t be pushed around
- is quick, sharp, intelligent and a fast learner
-wants to learn more about the outside world and her people
-if you try and lie to her or manipulate her or treat her like she’s a fool, she’s not having that shit
-will fight for her people, her family, her world, her home, her culture
- she’s the first princess to save the day, not the guy, not a male sidekick, she’s the one the saves the day, while Snow had the Dwarfs, Cinderella had her mice friends, Aurora had Prince Phillip, Ariel had Eric, and Jasmine had Aladdin. ( Belle is debatable imo )
- loves the earth and nature and will protect it from harm
- she saves China, I mean, come on
- she never gives up, no matter what. If she fails, she will just try even harder to succeed and will find a way on how can succeed.
- brave, determined, strong mentally and physically, a kind friend
-teaches girls that it’s okay if you haven’t found yourself yet- if you don’t give up, one day you will, and you will conquer
- pushes gender norms
- another female princess that saves the day, not her male love interest, or sidekicks, is also the first princess to defeat the villian in battle, like a previous male character like Phillip or Eric would
- is hard-working, and never gives up on her dreams, and will work hard to get there
- teaches that dreams are done by sweating your butt off, giving up on fun sometimes, sometimes having to work more than one job, than just wishing and hoping, you have to take action, and make that dream happen
-ambitious and smart and realistic
- teaches that you shouldn’t take a short-cut, find a lazy option, cheat or gamble your way to success, the only to get there is through hard work and effort
- again,another badass princess that saves the day on her own
- is kind to everybody
- is cheerful, positive, warm and supportive towards others, even people who seem “scary “, she knows inside, that we all have dreams
-is brave enough to step outside her zone and new and strange places and territories
- anger her by harming one of her loved ones and she will fucking tear you apart
- a talented artist
Anna and Elsa
- teaches girls that family love is just as important than romance love, if not more so
- Anna goes through a abusive relationship and isn’t put off love forever, she learns her lesson, doesn’t let Hans bad treatment of her ruin her or let her become a toxic person, like he was, and moves on with a better man, and a healthier relationship
- Elsa goes through basically being locked up with lack of other human contact, fearing her powers and fearing what other people think of, to come out as better and stronger person
- Elsa teaches that sometimes its best not let what others think of you, and just say “ fuck it “ and just be yourself and be free
- Anna teaches the difference between a unhealthy relationship (whirlwind romance,quickly trusting people, getting into a deep relationship with somebody you don’t even know ) and healthy one ( somebody who gives you his jacket when you are cold, holds you close when you are scared, is worried about your well-being, getting to know somebody first before leaping in, somebody who asks for your consent before kissing you, will do anything to make sure you are safe and okay )
- will do anything for her island and people and make sure they’ll all okay
- her leadership skills are A++
- no “ you are forced to marry this boy so you can become his queen”, BS, Moana is the future leader
- is brave to fear the unknown waters, learn new skills, and battle monsters
- is understanding, and understands why somebody acts the way that they do
- is extremely independent
in short, they are all awesome, even the three originals.
Gryffindor- holding rocks from the beach in yours hands, watching them flow out, being at the playground at midnight with your best friends, completing dares that no one even dared you to do, running just for the purpose of doing something, sending your best friend appreciation paragraphs for them at 3:00 A.M., going on roller coasters very confident but freaking out a little when you get to the top, playing ghosts in the graveyard with you or friends at 11:00 A.M., putting on makeup and dressing up even though you have nowhere to go, dancing and lip syncing in your room crazily, finding wonders in the little things, spacing out, diving in right away in the lake, handing out feminism badges, walking at a regular pace in the rain with your arms out, forming new clubs, being overly-excited, making small designs on the misty car window, either taking 0 selfies or 1938284 at a time, red lipstick and black mascara, scraped up legs
Hufflepuff- sugar highs, putting so much trust in your friends, dressing up as your favorite book and tv show characters, growing out your hair, blueberry pancakes when you wake up, whether that’s at 6:00 A.M. or 12:00 P.M., catching fireflies, the feeling you get when you make all your friends fall over laughing, seeing a spiny chair and immediately know what you will be doing for the rest of the day, ice cream bigger than your head, putting flowers in your friend’s hair, being the last to finish your popsicle, getting excited when you hear the ice cream truck, heart-shaped sunglasses, petting every puppy you see on the street, making a big deal out of everything, getting your friends presents even though there is no special occasion, candy shops, slumber parties, writing songs, writing stories, musicals and Broadway plays, caring about others more than you care about yourself, strip malls, taking pictures of your friends, happy drunk, defending the underdog, finding beauty in everyone’s eyes
Ravenclaw- record shops, when your face gets red after you get complimented, chokers, laughing when your nervous, cuddling with your friends at 2:00 A.M., drinking coffee in the morning, going to the beach when the waves are crazy, telling yourself to only read one more chapter but you end up finishing the book, writing letters to the author, scented candles, knee high socks, taking videos so you can remember the moment, perfect makeup techniques, laying on the rooftop at 3:00 A.M., looking at the stars, making multiple playlists for different moods, watching documentaries, playing mindlessly with your friend’s hair, eating a three course meal at 12:00 A.M., pranking your friends when they’re sleeping, putting your headphones on long car rides, binge watching Netflix, spending your day at the library, asking your friend to go to the bathroom with you, getting a churro at the fair, studying because you want to, not because anyone else wants you to
Slytherin- testing the limits, fire whiskey, mysteries, the sound of the thunderstorm against your window while you are drifting to sleep, doing anything for your friends, talking back to the teacher, smirking against the classroom, splashing the people who think the water is too cold in the lake, escaping reality, black roses, rooting for the underdog, downtown, skyscrapers, doing anything to get your way, cat ears headband, correcting people’s grammar, solving moral dilemmas easily, fixing your best friend’s makeup in the school bathroom, leather jackets, playful smirks, making faces across the classroom, knowing what your friend is saying just by reading their expression, self-deprecating humor, the moon, looks that could kill, playing sweet and sour with your close friends, doing everything yourself, with no help, rewriting history, chopping a little bit or a lot of your hair off, dirty jokes, sleepless nights, being the hero to your class because you found all the answers online, knowing when to stop but not stopping anyway