“a tamed woman will never leave her mark in the world.”
“don’t think. it complicates things. just feel, and if it feels like home then follow it's path.”
“the more i learned the less i felt i knew you and i got lost counting stars, i fell dreaming. sometimes i’d wander away. maybe i wasn’t ready or maybe it was just a hard time to love. you always reminded me of home and i could never fathom the reasoning behind your smile. perhaps one day, if we believe enough, we’ll find our way.”
“she was broken, i think it’s because she loved too much and she was always blind to the fact that love too is sometimes broken.”
“maybe all that we are is what people expect us to be.”
“sometimes to self-discover you must self-destruct.”
“maybe love was meant to save us from ourselves.”
“she wildly burned for the one she loved and he stood there watching, hoping he too would catch a blaze from the violence stirring in her heart.”
“somewhere along the way we all go a bit mad. so burn, let go and dive into the horror, because maybe it’s the chaos which helps us find where we belong.”
“she needed the chaos within her in order to discover the extraordinary no man could ever reach.”
“we swallowed the chaos because we knew we didn't want to be ordinary.”
“she was a beautiful dreamer. the kind of girl, who kept her head in the clouds, loved above the stars and left regret beneath the earth she walked on.”
school based team, teaching and training the new generation of mutants
ROGUE headmistress (combat teacher)
MAGNETO (survival teacher)
ICEMAN (maths teacher)
FIRESTAR (philosophy and ethics teacher)
GAMBIT (ruse and tactics teacher)
CYPHER (litterature & communication teacher)
SILHOUETTE (history and geopolitics teacher)
- I would re-create the Rogue/Mags/Gambit triangle only to end it all to reveal Rogue doesn’t it any of the two to be happy.
- Maybe keep on building on Firestar’s attraction to Iceman, while he begins to question his own sexuality and see her as a confident more than anything.
- Cypher be the loner of the group and the narrator. Having been a student that got killed, he would be the most dedicated and caring teacher to his students, to prevent they ever meet a similar fate.
- Firestar would butt head with Magneto often, and argue that she is a survivor too (her battle against cancer, her old team getting killed in Civil War)
- Silhouette would bring a much needed broader perspective and help the students figure out what “role” they want to play
- Firestar and Silhouette would really become close friends and often act as outside points of view on the crazy life of the x-men
- Rogue and Iceman would be drinking buddies
as for their enemies, I would try to avoid having the school attacked too much, and rely more on internal soap dramas and reality based topics like media manipulation, teen suicide, right-wing conservatives, environmental issues, bullying, illiteracy, cultural appropriation, police brutalities.
pencils by me inks and colors by the fabulous HÉCTOR BARROS a.k.a. @snibbits except Silhouette