I never do this. And I never really shared what I look like on here (except my photo op I had with Jared Padalecki).
But lately I’ve been struggling with a lot of confidence issues and finding true happiness within myself. But this weekend I felt really good and I realized there are so many beautiful things to be happy about. And it’s all out there, I promise. All you have to do is be open to it. You all are beautiful and you deserve to be happy and feel confident about yourself!
Go ahead! Post that stunning selfie you have sitting in your camera roll! Share that beauty and self love in the world. We all need more of that.
Do what makes you happy. Wear what makes you feel good. Spread love! Love for others and love for yourself.
It’s okay if you don’t love yourself all the time. It’s definitely a process and something hard to go through. And it’s hard to get past the negativity. But realize that there are so many amazing things about you to love! And also love your imperfections. It’s all apart of you and it’s all beautiful ☺❤
Always keep fighting my loves!
You are not alone
Love yourself first
You are enough
- Set in small-town Indiana, still manages to have 40% of it’s ensemble cast be POC, and not one of them is a token either
- 40% of the cast are women. ¾ are POC. All of them are badasses.
- Every single fucking episode is funny. Seriously.
- Perd fucking Hapley. I can’t even explain, you just have to watch
- Pawnee citizens holy hell
- The flawless political commentary behind the Langman’s and the Male Men
- The scene in Comeback Kid where Get On Your Feet is playing and they’re all struggling to walk on ice
- Chris Traeger and his mental illness. They worked it in so that it was comedic, but if it glorified anything, it was asking for help and accepting it.
- Okay just Chris in general
- Gary Jerry Larry Terry Gary Gergich Gengurch Gergich
- Donna, the character who is exactly who she needs to be throughout her life. She acknowledges the need to change her behavior occasionally, but it doesn’t dent her confidence one bit.
- Ann Meredith Perkins, you beautiful sun-ray nurse. The best friend everyone needs. Quirky and grounded and intelligent.
- THE FUCKING SAPERSTEINS
- ESPECIALLY JEAN-RALPHIO
- Everything Tom Haverford has ever said
- Ben fucking Wyatt. I can’t even elaborate without crying and combusting. Much better nerd than any weasel from The Big Bang Theory. Feminist. Best Husband Ever.
- ANYTIME BEN OR LESLIE ARE DRUNK HOLY SHIT
- Cones of Dunshire and Requiem for a Tuesday
- FUCKING ICE TOWN
- April Blart, Mall Cop
- April’s character development *heart eyes*
- Andy and April’s love
- Mouse Rat and hits like The Pit, Catch Your Dream, and
- 5000 CANDLES IN THE WIND
- LIL SEBASTIAN
- Bert Macklin, FBI
- Johnny and Johnathan Karate
- Andy Dwyer, secret genius
- Ron Swanson, the manliest man to ever man, owner of the world’s best character development, hater of Canada and vegans, beautiful beautiful man
- Duke fucking Silver
- I dig your groovy tunes man
- Ben and Leslie’s healthy, realistic, and beautiful relationship
- Benslie proposal
- Benslie wedding
- Ben’s triplets freakout
- the BOX
- Amy Poehler plays the most amazing woman to ever grace any screen. Leslie Knope, a socially inept but selfless woman who dedicates her life to public service, her family, and her friends. Deeply flawed main character that wasn’t made lovable by her unfortunate but relatable love of sugar and hatred of vegetables, but instead by her love for others and thoughtfulness and work ethic and optimism. Food habits aside, her character flaws were acknowledged by the writers, her loved ones, and her. No one is an enabler for Leslie Knope’s bad behavior. When she does something shitty, she gets called on it and apologizes. But at the end of the day, hard work and positivity make a difference, and she achieves her dreams.
- Positivity. The people on this show like each other. They believe in and support each other. They apologize when they’re wrong. They forgive when they’ve been wronged. They go out of their way to make lives better. And it is still funny.