Thanks for the half marathon support. You folks are the bees knees.
Some post race thoughts:
- Running in the quidditch shooter was probably the best idea ever. Spectators and volunteers had mad love for Gryffindor.
- Thumbs up for race organization, swag, easy course, and crowd support.
- Thumbs down for all the potholes. Seriously, San Jose. Do better.
- Nothing makes me want to lose 10 pounds quite like a collection of hideous race photos.
- I’m in awe of everyone - from the elites who make 5 minute miles look easy, to the runners at the back of the pack who keep going when all of the spectators are gone and the finish line is being torn down. They are incredible.
- I hate to be a cry baby, but I think I’d be happier with my time if this training cycle hadn’t gone so poorly. Right now I feel sort of indifferent about my time and irritated I couldn’t follow my plan. Yes, I know. I need to let it go.
- But yay for a PR. I guess.
- Day 2 soreness is the pits and I can’t wait to go for a run in my new Brooks!