We temporarily interrupt our regularly scheduled simming spam to bring you… doll!Aaron spam! :D After six months of waiting… my first BJD ever is finally here! *_______* And what’s a serious collector™ like yours truly to do with their doll as soon as unpacking it? *___*
…That’s right, take a bunch of silly pics and add even sillier captions to them U____U oh, and also post a list of…
First impressions so far:
- He’s got surprisingly loose stringing on his legs. I say “surprisingly” because every time I read feedback about Souldoll products, everyone would agree on the same thing: their dolls are very tightly strung. So to find out that his legs were actually quite loose was a bit of a surprise to me. His arms and head, on the other hand, tend to snap to their default position very fast;
- He’s very grumpy looking. Like, very, VERY grumpy looking. Mind you, I was already aware of that when I looked at the promo pics (plus a bunch of other owner pics), but seeing that super angry face staring at me once I opened the box was still kind of unsettling, lol.
At least until I removed his plastic protection and saw that face a little closer, at which point I couldn’t help but burst into laughter.Painting his face and attempting to give him eyebrows that don’t make him look even angrier will be an… interesting challenge. Still, his overall features (and height, too!) were just too perfect not to choose him as Aaron <3
- His eyes are actually more white than grey and look kinda creepy in real life (THEY STARE RIGHT INTO YOUR SOUL), but actually look good in pictures. Which is nice, because I couldn’t find any other pair of 12 mm grey eyes for sale on Angelesque for the life of me.
- The wig I got for him is too small -____- it makes him look like he’s going bald ;____; and no, I swear it’s not just a matter of me failing to pull it a little forward. Trust me, I tried. The damn thing would just either not fit at all or get stuck on the back of his head, leaving his forehead half bald, as you can see in the pics. The official Souldoll website claims that Vito doll head sizes are about 6.5 inches, and that ForMyDoll wig is 6-7 inches… and yet, it’s too small. Guess I’m gonna try 7-8 inches next time.
- SD13 girl pants and SD shoes fit him pretty well (pants are a bit too long, though). The SD13 boy shirt I got for him, however, did not fit at all. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if the size is just too small. Sure thing is, his shoulders are HUGE.
- …And the little guy is HEAVY, too o____O well, not too much when he’s naked, but as soon as I put clothes and boots on him he got, like 2x times heavier o___O now I think I finally understand all the people getting worried about handling huge dolls, this guy is not even that big and he’s still a pain in the ass to lift .___.
Still… I’m so ridiculously happy that he’s finally here! <3