Rules: Choose 10 different fandoms and pinpoint your favorite character from each one. Then tag 10 more.
So, as usual, I wasn’t tagged but saw it on my dash by @citrus-cactus. It’s a good opportunity to sort trough my fandoms and get an overview.
I don’t want to copy you on this one but it’s true. Since I first laid
my eyes on him at the tender age of three or four he’s been my
favourite. With all his flaws (like rather using his fists than words to
solve a problem) and his carefree nature he’s just precious. Seeing him
growing up and getting a conscience in Tri was first a little
bewildering but he’s kept his awkwardness every once in a while so I’m
fine with his development.
2. Glee: Kurt Hummel. This is a hard one, though. But Kurt’s sass is unrivalled and his story arc is one of the best in the whole show, if not the whole tv landscape at that time. Add in the fact that this role was solely created for Chris Colfer and you have a unique character you can hardly not love. Santana and Finn both share second place.
3. Harry Potter. Charlie Weasley. One character who was treated so poorly in both the books and the movies although he didn’t deserve it. Curiously enough, he’s probably one of the first asexual characters in a big franchise (I might be wrong on this one, sorry) and I should be glad about it. However, I’ve written a fanfiction where he isn’t. Anyway, I would have liked to see more of him. (I think of the fancast Charlie Hunnam when I imagine him.)
4. Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries: Dorothee Williams. When it comes to excellent character development, you cannot pass Dot Williams. She goes from terrified housemaid to self-confident detective’s assistant in only two seasons and even affronts her to-be husband in a time when women usually didn’t do that, the 1920′s. Additionally, she is a beautiful plus-size lady.
5. The Hobbit: Thorin Oakenshield. The one character to satisfy my attraction of hunky, long-bearded men. When looking past that handsome outside, you find a lonsesome, love and revenge seeking person who you just want to cuddle with.
6. Ripper Street. Det. Edmund Reid. This favourite is more based on my fondness for the actor Matthew Macfadyen, because, alas, I’m way behind on watching the show. But what I can recall is that Reid is a good detective and well-developed character. I just don’t remember why…
7. Rizzoli & Isles: Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles. I know that this is not one character but two. However, it feels that you get these two only as twin pack. They bring the best of each other out without being codependent. Also, I really can’t choose one over the other.
8. That 70′s Show. Steven Hyde. Another sass king with a hard shell and a soft core. And one of those characters where I highly disagree with whom he ended up with. I ship him with Donna, but hey, that’s just my opinion.
9. Twilight. Evelyn Hewett - nah, just kidding. I keep my OCs out of this. Bella Cullen. This is probably a rather unpopular opinion but because the story is told out of her perspective you can’t help but grow a little atttached to her and it also makes it so easy to write her. And I think that she’s the one who suits vampirism the best.
10. Zamonia. Urs of the Snows. He is just so pure. An excellent cook and a more excellent friend. But beware! Still waters run deep. When it i’s do or die, he’s the best swordman you can find.
So, I don’t tag anyone, that was more for me than to force anybody. But, of course, feel free to do it!
You can find your fandoms here and reblog them. If you don’t find yours,feel free to ask me to post it. You can easily search for your favorite one by typing your show’s name followed by the word “fandom” on the search bar of my blog.
Rizzoli and isles fandom:
Rizzoli and isles is actual trash and I hope the show burns along with janes shirts and mauras hopes and dreams cause shes never on the show and sasha deserves better and angie is the devil incarnate and shes the reason the stock market is crashing and Syrian children are starving
So if you blog/post about the following please like/reblog this so I can follow you and your friends
All for one
Legends of tomorrow
Anything comic book related
Game of thrones
Okay but like, I don’t have the time or the patience to put up with shows that queer bait. Maybe historically we’ve had to settle for subtext and entirely non-canonical ships but not anymore. Why would you lend your viewership to a show that is hostile or ambivalent to the needs of our community? Especially when there are a growing number of shows that produce inclusive content, full of rich LGBTQ characters and narratives. I truly don’t understand the appeal of things like Once Upon a Time, Supernatural or even Rizzoli and Isles. The producers, show runners and writers of these shows make a conscious effort to exploit the interest of queer viewers whilst explicitly denying them canon status in order to secure their straight credibility with wider audiences. Why even give them the time of day if queer content is what you’re looking for? Watch The 100, Orange is the New Black, Sense8, Orphan Black, The Fosters, Broad City, Carmilla… hell, even watch Faking It or Pretty Little Liars if you must. I just don’t understand why you’d stick loyally by content that refuses to represent you. Somebody explain!!!