Master Dooku has the highest standards and only chooses the most elite of the elite as his apprentices. Initiate Jinn is a prodigy and looks perfect on the records and is also exceptionally gifted in sensing the Living Force. Master Dooku thought he would make the perfect Padawan. Sometimes, Master Dooku is wrong.
Or, Master Dooku has to bribe a young Padawan Qui-Gon with Obi-Wan’s company in order to get him to do anything.
[A/N] In this AU where everyone is happy, almost no one is evil and everyone lives, Master Dooku is that grumpy grandpa who looks super scary but is actually ridiculously soft once you get to know him. Qui-Gon is his third apprentice, and all three of his Padawans are ridiculously rebellious (and spoiled) in their own ways. You’ll meet the other two soon <3
O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!
O rowan fair, upon your hair how white the blossom lay!
O rowan mine, I saw you shine upon a summer’s day,
Your rind so bright, your leaves so light, your voice so cool and soft:
Upon your head how golden-red the crown you bore aloft!
O rowan dead, upon your head your hair is dry and grey;
Your crown is spilled, your voice is stilled for ever and a day.
O Orofarnë, Lassemista, Carnimírië!
Bregalad the Ent singing to Merry and Pippin of ents he was fond of before they were cut down by Saruman’s orcs. Orofarnë, Lassemista, and Carnimírië are their names. Lord Of The Rings, Two Towers, Treebeard.
A/N: Just looking out for my fellow vertically challenged fans out there (; enjoy!
• This boy has definitely used you as an armrest before. Putting his arms on your shoulder or head has become a common practice between the both of you; and while he knows you could (and probably would) break his arm in a split second, you don’t really mind having his touch on you 24/7.
• Legolas loves carrying you. Because you often grumble about the injustice of his long legs and how you practically have to run to keep up with his long strides, he often lifts you up on his back, slings you on his shoulder, or carries you bridal style to “help you keep up with him”. Not that he minds, of course. The sight of your beet red face and flustered demeanor makes it a worthwhile investment every single time.
• Since Leggy is a literal tree, kissing him can be quite a difficult task. He enjoys watching you try to elongate your body as much as possible to get to him, often standing on top of your toes in an effort to reach his face. To him, the image of your nose scrunched up with frustration in an attempt to make contact with his lips is one, if not the cutest things he’s ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Eventually, you come to the end of your patience and grab him by the collar, dragging him down to your level. Although he misses the entertainment, the feeling of your lips perfectly molded against his is more than enough to compensate for it.
• Your small frame makes cuddling easy. Rather than squirming around trying to find a comfortable position for the both of you, your petite figure allows him to wrap his body around yours with ease. He’ll nuzzle his face into your chest, wrapping his lean arms around your waist and pulling you close, inhaling your scent deeply. No matter how many times he does it, you always flush with slight embarrassment, ears turning a rosy pink at his intimate action. Nonetheless, you’ll swing your hips around his midsection and stroke his hair lovingly, undoing his braids and letting his hair fall free in waves. He’ll hum in satisfaction at the feeling of your fingers gently weaving through his tresses, voice thrumming against your chest and sending waves of love coursing throughout your body at the sound of his voice.
• Legolas is Extra™ when it comes to you. If clothes are ever too long to fit your body, he’ll arrange your closet to be tailored to your size. No matter how many times you claim the length of the sleeves on your nightgown is just fine, thank you very much, he’ll send clothing down to get altered perfectly to your body. Even though Legolas makes a show about the injustice of having no clothes that fit your body type, you know he just wants an excuse to see you in his clothing. His clothing is comfortable and you don’t mind being in it, however, it’s difficult to explain to his father why you show up to the breakfast table wearing his son’s shirt, wrinkly and oversized with sleeves draping over your hands and fabric spilling over your shoulders without receiving raised eyebrows and airy giggles from soldiers and servants alike.
• One of the most rewarding things about being short is that you’re the perfect height for forehead kisses. Legolas is free to shower you with tiny pecks on your head and little displays of affection that don’t disgust or disrupt the people around you. He also uses them as a comforting tactic for whenever your nerves kick in. Being as observant as he is, he memorizes every body movement that signals your discomfort and knows your fidgeting down to a T. Whenever you show signs of distress, he’ll give you little pecks on your hairline and gently brush through your locks with his nimble fingers, coaxing your anxiety away. He knows better than anyone that, sometimes, actions speak better than words.
• Given the elves and their free spirited nature, dancing is a common practice among them. Whether it’s a festival or just an everyday activity, they are often seen gracefully twirling and prancing to the sound of harps and flutes, laughter and banter mingling together with the music to form gentle melodies that drift throughout the forest. Because of Legolas’ status, he was taught how to dance at a young age and is very adept at the art of bodily expression. You aren’t bad at it yourself, in fact, you are quite the contrary, but your parents never told you how to deal with a height difference while maintaining an elegant composure. More often than not, attempts result in the two of you collapsing in fits of giggles, questioning your decision to try it out in the first place. It wasn’t entirely your fault, though. His trademark smirk and slightly raised eyebrow peering down at you does make it hard to keep the regal aesthetic.
May we take sometime today to remember the author who proved to all that fantasy is not only escapism, but an inherent and vital part of the human being. To the man, whose stories were always a light to me in dark places, thank you.
(if you know the credits to the last painting, send me please)
In theory i think fantasy can be a really creative genre and I love it and would like to read more of it
In practice though a lot of it is utter shit and half of modern fantasy writing is either explicit medieval-Esque Tolkien rip-offs or using very depressing and horrific situations for shock value so that readers will take it seriously and just…. lacks the charm, whimsy and general creativity that draws me to fantasy in the first place…..
Idk if anyone has book recs hmu
when did you first get into dragon age and why/how?
HAHA WOW OK I LOVE YOU SM ELFIE I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT
ok so i got into dragon age actually when Awakening first came out!!! by got into i mean i played bc I was 9
my dad likes high fantasy and rpgs too so of course when origins first came out he was eyeballing it, but the price at the time wasnt worth it so he waited a year for reviews and such and a year after he decided to i guess?? and since awakening had just come out i assume he got them in a lil bundle since we have both discs (no seriously i played origins and awakening off of the discs, its amazing i know what are discs????? i remember when you could pay like $10 and get a 30 day trial of world of warcraft on a disc and all the expansion boxes were bundled up in multiples discs but anyway)
i technically got into it then, since I was playing WoW (mind you im using playing very loosely since I probably only followed the gist of things, which is also what I mean when I say I’ve played Spyro games since I was smoller) at 8 and ofc my dad was like. “yeah you can play if you want just!!! dont delete my game!!!” bc my dad is. really good about that sorta thing (i read the hobbit in grade 2 and my teacher got mad enough she called my parents in and my dad fought for me to be able to read it ok hes good with this shit)
BUT WHEN I GOT SUPER INTO IT. online and less from memory (also known as when I was comfortable with my presence online/not a big weeb/remembered we had these games I had so much nostalgia for) I was about 13 or 14 and decided I’d play Origins again and actually start Awakening (I still havent finished it bc. the last boss is hard and IM PLAYING ON NORMAL BC IM A WEENIE UGH) and by the time I finished it Inquisition had been announced so I rushed through DA2 (i still love my first Hawke but I wasn’t as completionist as I usually am about Dragon Age games) and bought DAI’s Game of the Year edition as soon as I had enough money to (which I… still havent finished…. despite loving it… so mu ch)
TL;DR: I got into Dragon Age when I was 9, thanks to my dad, got into it more fully when I was 14, and still am such Dragon Age trash it’s absolutely unreal.