i came across a new linen to love from Rikumo. enjoy
i love these towels but if you find a good plain linen on sale, here is how to make your very own! yes, a do it yourself. surprise, surprise.
What you will need:
- 2-3 foam paint brushes (i suggest a round one one or small foam roller)
- Textile Inks
- Small containers for paint
- Exacto Knife
- Contact Paper (transparent)
- draw your design on the contact paper (i suggest bold shapes for easy cutting)
- use the exacto knife to cut out your design. you can use the contact paper as a stencil or use the shapes you cut out
- mix the color or colors you want in a small container
- place the contact paper sticky side down on the fabric
- now you can begin dabbing the paint on your stencil! i’d suggest first dabbing it on some paper to get a consistent paint coat. once one design drys you can layer patterns to add dimension
easy as that.
tip: you can also use hand cut stamps. reusable and good for other projects.