Your daily reminder that bad writing does NOT explain Season 4
Let’s say Mofftiss had a partial lobotomy and forgot how to write. Let’s say they couldn’t recognize a plot hole if it shot them in the eye with Chekov’s rifle.
Fine. OK. But bad writing does not explain:
- The missing setlock scenes
- Cast quotes about the new season “making history” and “love conquers all” despite the show clearly doing none of those things
- Obvious set-ups of plot devices (John’s letter, “people always give up after three”, “it’s never twins”, “romantic entanglement”, etc. with 0 payoff)
- The enormous quality difference between TLD and TFP
- Working subtext despite the lack of a coherent surface narrative
- Like, really good subtext.
Honorary mentions to:
I’m sure I’ve missed stuff, but I had to write this out for my own sanity.
We can doubt all the meta, ARGs, and complicated subtext, but in the end, these things simply cannot be explained away by any reasoning other than the issues in Season 4 being revisited later on.
Two more days until March 8.