1. Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood
2. Lucas North in Spooks
3. Ricky Deeming in Inspector Lynley
4. John Porter in Strike Back
5. Francis Dolarhyde in Hannibal
6. Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit
7. Angus in MacBeth
8. Tom Steele in Doctors
9. Alec Track In The Golden Hour
10. Jez in Use me as your cardigan
Red hair and black leather, my favourite colour scheme
1997/98 Rickenbacker 360, turquoise-glo*
I love the incredible red-ish rosewood that only Ric seems to use. No other (mass production) guitar companies (that I am aware of) seem to ever use any rosewood anywhere near this colour. WTF? Why are Ricky fretboards so red?!? I love them…but WHY are the they only ones that look like this?!?
* The real name for this colour is just plain old “turquoise”, but that isn’t “Ric” enough for me. So I took it upon myself to Rick-ify the name in the tradition of their well known finishes like “mapleglo” (natural), “fireglo” (sunburst) and “jetglo” (black). See how much more fun everything is when you stick a “glo” at the end? So, “turquoise-glo” it shall be for evermore.
PS: here’s a video that will help put the first line above in context..it’s not Richard Thompson himself performing it, but these guys do a great bluegrass-y cover version of Thompson’s incredible song “1952 Vincent Black Lightning”. Dig it!