Springtime Recipes ― Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Pie
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¾ pound rhubarb rib, cut into ½-inch pieces, or sliced * frozen rhubarb (about 3 cups)
• 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
• 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
• ¾ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup packed brown sugar
• ½ cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
• ½ cup cold butter, cubed
• In a large bowl, beat egg. Beat in the sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Gently stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Pour into pastry shell.
• For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
• Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
* If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.