LADIES IN TFA
Ladies in The Force Awakens that need more fanart, fanfic, and appreciation (more canon material and merchandise too, just MORE):
- Lieutenant Kaydel Ko Connix: Billie Lourd, Carrie Fisher’s daughter, has cute little Leia buns.
- Pamich Nerro: black lead dispatcher! sick hair!
- Dasha Promenti: the first female we see, she’s a follower of the Church of the Force, and a badass.
- Korr Sella: political envoy, had her part cut, but is mixed race, has a scene w/ Leia, and tragically dies on Hosnian Prime.
- Taybin Ralorsa: black singer at Maz’s, awesome style.
- Bazine Netal: the fierce as hell mercenary who told the First Order BB-8 was at Maz’s, has a book about her!
- Major Kalonia: the doctor who patched up Chewie and was really sweet…the actress is the niece of Christopher Lee (Dooku)!
- Dosmit Ræh: not in the movie, we don’t know what she looks like, but that helmet that Rey wears in the beginning? Hers, and Rey idolizes and fantasizes about her, even making a doll of her!! (as an aside, both Jessika Pava and Ræh had a helmet with the Tierfon Yellow Aces sigil on it - I want to see Rey notice this!)
Ladies in The Force Awakens that get plenty of fanart and appreciation, but can always use more:
- Rey: Rey in her helmet, Rey riding her sand sled, Rey and her homemade Dosmit Ræh doll, Rey and flora and greenery, Rey in the rain, Rey doing her hair, REY REY REY!
- Leia: Leia and her legions of adoring fans in the Resistance, Leia being the emotionally strongest person in the series and yet still being so caring and warm, Leia in her ‘classy gas station attendant’ outfit (per Carrie Fisher), GENERAL LEIA ORGANA!
- Maz Kanata: cheeky Grandma! Maz and Chewie! Maz and Han’s first meeting! The crazy adventures she must have had in her thousand year life! YOUNG MAZ! Maz talking to Yoda! Maz counseling and comforting Rey!
- Captain Phasma: Gwendoline Christie!! Putting up with Kylo and Hux’s bickering! She’s a perfectionist, exercises a ton, and practices her combat skills. She’s probably pissed about the trash compactor incident and is confirmed to be in the next film!
- Jessika ‘Testor’ Pava: the biggest OT fangirl out there, is incredulous when C3PO says he knows Luke Skywalker and R2-D2 and then sits and listens to an entire book’s worth of story; that book, The Weapon of a Jedi, starts out with “Jessika Pava couldn’t stop staring at her X-wing fighter.” Played by Jessica Henwick (Nymeria Sand), who has supported the Rey x Jessika (Blue Rey) ship, and is mixed race Singaporean-Chinese.