I just wanted to make a simpler post on how to make shower gel spells. They look really pretty and are fun to make and practical cause you can use them any time. Here is a few pictures of mine. (another)
I make these spells to either:
Evoke a feeling, put me in a mental state (state of calm, state of clarity, state of alertness to wake up)
Attract Something (friends, money, good energy)
Banish Something (sheilding, etc)
There’s a lot of other intentions you could do but those tend to be my top 3.
They also look like cute colorful potions and make the bathroom feel more magical.. Aside from the brass cauldron full of drying bath mixes and glitter and powder and strange shit everywhere.
You will need
A bottle of your choice! Glass is the best because it doesn’t leak into the formula and you can reuse it. Squeezy plastic bottles are ok too but glass is preferred. You can get the cool potion-looking bottles at Michaels, AC Moore, Goodwill, wherever. They usually cost $1 each. (Usually $1.50 if they are large). If you do buy a glass bottle they have a lot of different shapes and sizes. I use square shapes for protection or stability, round for different mental states or energy, hearts for self love, compassion or attracting love or social interactions, I mean there are many shapes so keep in mind what type of bottle you would like for what spell. If you don’t want to get that complicated then just get the most plain glass bottle possible lol.
Scentless gel soap. You can get pure liquid castille soap at a few stores, many people love this. I just get a $4 whole foods scentless shower gel brand that works nicely. They used to have this amazing shower gel that was so soft and wonderful at whole foods and I can no longer find it, but it’s called Shikai and it makes your skin feel like angels rubbed themselves on it. I have no idea why I can’t find it anymore.
(Optional) Oils for the skin. Some oils has its own magical properties but adding argan oil, coconut oil, aloe (not oil, but good for the skin) or olive oil in small teaspoons can help to moisturize the skin or give it a nice glow. Coconut oil is fun cause it separates and leaves a cool milky layer on top and when you shake it the solution is thick and creamy.
Essential oils, fragrance oils, your favorite perfume, flower water, for fragrance. Anything that will help to evoke the feeling or magic you would want. This is a very basic instruction post so its very open ended. Just ingredients for the fragrance.
Ingredients to help further evoke this magic: dried herbs, petals, rain water, snow water, crushed ice, decorative glass pearls, seashells, citrus peels, seeds, your breath, eyelashes, black sand, colorful sand, charcoal (great for protection and extracting crap from the skin), home made flower or herb extracts and oils, (great seasonal activity to make fragrance oils from collected flowers and herbs outside), etc. You understand the point. Things that you collect in your craft that’s safe to go on skin and has magical properties. For things like crystals that don’t do well in these types of solutions, use them to charge your solution afterwards by placing them around or on top of the cork.
Optional: Things to give it some presentation such as food coloring, mica powder, glitter (some I have stars or heart shaped glitter in it, its cute and the glitter is too heavy so it rinses off of me).
Your Intent (of course!) When you have all your ingredients gathered in your bottle, they will naturally be separated since oils and shower gel have different weights and textures. When you shake it together fusing them for the first time, make sure your intent is strong, Maybe meditate or take time to focus your energy before doing this!
You can use these things when you need them daily in the shower (High five to those super busy or low energy witches who don’t have the time or energy to do magic everyday!) Usually this can last up to two weeks or if you have multiple, it can last for months so you can feel magical daily by just taking a quick shower with this, plus its way easier than making a bath and using bath salt mixtures (-also to add, I understand sometimes people with low energy have trouble even getting into a shower but when I was in a rush sometimes I would just wash my hands with a solution and feel great). If you have more time you can pour the whole bottle into a bubble bath! So it works as something for the shower and for a bath! Adding baking soda makes a SUPER foamy fizzing bath. So if you ever need a magical bubble bath you got a cute potion bottle sitting ready to go. They are easy and once you get the hang of making them it becomes really fun too!
I have made rejuvenation/calming potions with mint leaves and rain water (colored it a soft green, added light green pearl dust powder)
potions to evoke a clear mind with eucalyptus, rain water and sandalwood
potions for confidence with honeysuckle, gold glitter, and amber (colored it a deep blue for the throat energy to communicate well).
potions for social attractiveness and attracting good vibes with cherry blossom home made oil and pink heart glitter and sugar fragrance
And then its fun to give them names and write down the recipes in your grimoire (which I have been neglecting to do), usually when I don’t have a name I just call them by what they do like Rejuvination I, Confidence, Clarity, and when I do have a name usually based on how they look and smell I named one Sunburst and the cherry Blossom one Sugar Blossom cause it smells like spring flowers and baked sweets.
I’ve gotten some compliments from this too. Like I have used shower gels to attract friendships or social interactions and people would notice there is an alluring smell and ask about it then I would be like: OH DID YOU MEAN ME?!?! Cause you know, I love it when I smell good ;) (Also I am a Libra attention seeking ho in social situations)
Anyway I hope this helps. Shoot me questions if you need them to be answered!
1. Reduce the amount of plastic products you costume. Let’s start with the obvious…stop using plastic bags. No more excuses. Just stop. You can also start to switch out other plastics you have around the home, start with something simple like swapping your plastic toothbrush to a bamboo one.
2. Do you drink coffee? Or tea? All of those empty, lonely, lipstick stained cups are going into landfill. It’s time that you invested in a reusable coffee cup and save the world one sip at a time. Most good cafes sell them, some even offer a discount on your coffee…that’s a double win for helping the environment and your bank account.
3. Recycle. Now you may be thinking…duh we already know this one BUT we’re not just talking about recycling your milk cartons and cereal boxes here. We’re taking it to the next level! Repurpose! How you ask? Start small…that jam jar you’re feeling great about because you just put it in the recycling bin. Take a break from patting yourself on the back. Take it out of the bin. Wash it. Repurpose and reuse it. Now you’ve got somewhere to put that open bag of nuts instead of using a plastic ziplock bag that you’re going to chuck out after one use.
- reuse shopping bags/ buy cloth tote bags and keep them with me so when I go out I won’t need the plastic bags
- buy one of those menstrual cups
- stop buying plastic knick knacks I’m not gonna need in ten years
- bring my own mug if I’m going to go out and get coffee or something
- stop using plastic straws
- stop buying and using plastic waterbottles
- stay away from individually package foods, especially processed foods, the snacks and stuff. I’ll be a lot healthier if I don’t buy them and I won’t be putting that plastic bag somewhere on the earth where it shouldn’t be
- make my own soaps and stuff so u don’t need to keep buying bottles of things.
- invest in those biodegradable tooth brushes!
(if I think of more i'ma add to the list, also feel free to add to this list)
I hope this goes to show people that you really can grow food anywhere, even it’s not in “your space.” Even if you don’t grow food, my goodness it’s simply a joy to see some green stuff this time of year, you know?
I’m not stopping here…I’m going to keep expanding!
Avoid using the Keurig coffee-pod machines. I think the concept is cool, but the single-use pods are the epitome of unnecessary waste. Opt for regular coffee-pot coffee. Even if they get recycled, the recycling process still consumes energy best left to other more necessary items.
Today I saw some really cool bag-planters made of plastic carrier bags outside the South Shields museum!!
I asked the person inside about them and they said when it starts flaking you can plant it into the ground and the whole thing will decompose in about 10 years!
Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument protects some of the most remote uninhabited islands on Earth, but tons of trash makes its way there each year.
These remote islands provide refuge for many endangered and threatened species, like this Hawaiian monk seal – but the abundance of trash makes it harder for those species to thrive. By reducing our use of single-use plastics and reusing as much as possible, we help protect the animals that depend on Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument and the ocean around the world!