- customers who laugh/act condescending/get angry when you offer them one of the promotional products at the counter. many places punish workers for not selling enough of these!!! just say “no thanks”.
- customers who dont parent their children. we have these godforsaken egg timers at work and today some children ignored by their parents set them ALL off in quick succession
- customers who come in 10 minutes before closing time to browse or with a demanding request. PLEASE do not do this unless you know exactly what you want or its urgent, often managers let workers leave a little early if the store is empty
- sexist remarks. i once got told by one man, I quote “so that’s where you belong, like all women, behind the counter taking the money”
- customers that call you “babe” “love” “sweetheart” etc, the exception is sweet old ladies calling you “dear”
- customers that expect me, a 17 year old girl, to know EVERYTHING about every single kettle, hoover and garden strimmer and act like I’m terrible at my job when I have to ask someone else to help them. we don’t get any training.
- customers that don’t politely ask for help and instead yell the name of the product they want at you. this happens so much, i swear people lose all social skills when talking to shop workers
- customers who constantly are in a phone call or have their headphones in and barely acknowledge you while you’re serving them. this is just bad manners!
- when you’re already clearly serving someone and a customer barges in interrupting and asks for help. wait your turn or ask somebody else!
i could go on forever