I CAN’T WALK TO MY CAR LATE AT NIGHT WHILE ON THE PHONE I CAN’T OPEN UP MY WINDOWS WHEN I’M HOME ALONE
I CAN’T GO TO A BAR WITHOUT A CHAPERONE
AND I CAN’T WEAR A MINI SKIRT IF ITS THE ONLY ONE I OWN I CAN’T USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AFTER 7 PM
I CAN’T BE BRUTALLY HONEST WHEN YOU SLIDE INTO MY DMS
I CAN’T GO TO THE CLUB JUST TO DANCE WITH MY FRIENDS
AND I CAN’T EVER LEAVE MY DRINK UNATTENDED
BUT IT SURE IS A SCARY TIME FOR BOYS
YEAH GENTLEMEN! BAND TOGETHER, MAKE SOME NOISE
ITS REALLY TOUGH WHEN YOUR REPUTATION’S ON THE LINE
AND ANY WOMAN YOU’VE ASSAULTED COULD TURN UP ANYTIME
YEAH, IT SURE IS A SCARY TIME FOR GUYS
CAN’T SPEAK TO ANY WOMEN OR LOOK THEM IN THE EYES
ITS SO CONFUSING, IS IT RAPE OR IS IT JUST BEING NICE?
SO INCONVENIENT THAT YOU EVEN HAVE TO THINK TWICE
I CAN’T LIVE IN AN APARTMENT IF IT’S ON THE FIRST FLOOR
I CAN’T BE WEARING SILK PAJAMAS WHEN I ANSWER THE DOOR
I CAN’T HAVE ANOTHER DRINK EVEN IF I WANT MORE
I CAN’T MAKE YOU FEEL INVALID, UNSEEN, OR IGNORED
I CAN’T JOG AROUND THE CITY WITH HEADPHONES ON MY EARS
I CAN’T SPEAK OUT AGAINST MY RAPIST AFTER 35 YEARS
I CAN’T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY IF I’M HOLDING BACK TEARS
AND I CAN’T EVER SPEAK EARNESTLY ABOUT ALL MY FEARS
BUT IT SURE IS A SCARY TIME FOR DUDES
CAN’T TEXT A GIRL REPEATEDLY ASKING FOR NUDES
CAN’T MAKE HER HAVE SEX WHEN SHE’S NOT IN THE MOOD
AND WHAT GIVES HER THE RIGHT TO GIVE YOU ATTITUDE??
YEAH, IT SURE IS A SCARY TIME FOR MEN
GIRLS LIKE TO ACT LIKE YOU’RE TO BLAME AND THEY’RE THE VICTIMS
HER DRESS WAS SHORT AND SHE WAS DRUNK, SHE’S NOT SO INNOCENT
THANK GOD YOUR DAD’S THE JUDGE AND YOU WON’T BE CONVICTED OH WAIT… THAT’S RIGHT…
IT’S NOT SUCH A SCARY TIME FOR BOYS
THEY’VE ALWAYS HAD THE UPPER HAND, THEY’VE ALWAYS HAD A CHOICE
IT’S TIME FOR WOMEN TO RISE UP, USE OUR COLLECTIVE VOICE
THE DAY TO VOTE’S NOVEMBER 6, SO LET’S GO MAKE SOME NOISE
No polling is accurate. Ignore all the polls and just get people to vote. It’s the only way to win and sadly our generation either doesn’t show up to vote because its going to be an “easy win” (and we lose anyway) or because there is “no hope and our vote doesn’t matter anyway.” Well ladies, gents, and nonbinary peeps; it matters. If it didn’t the GOP wouldn’t be trying to take the right to vote away from so many people. Get out and vote this November.
1. RBG: A documentary about the magnificent supreme court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, her life and impact on women’s rights in America. (She basically carried us on her backs for decades without any sort of acknowledgement, so we at least owe it to her to watch her documentary) You can find it on HULU.
2. She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry: A documentary about some of the most iconic women in the feminist movement from the 60’s-80’s. Very personable and emotional. You can find it on NETFLIX.
3. Seeing Allred: A documentary about Gloria Allred, a powerful attorney known for representing victims in high-profile sexual assault cases (like Bill Cosby’s case) as well as gender discrimination cases. She’s been called insane by anti-feminists for decades, but they’re also scared of her. Very cool. You can watch it on NETFLIX.
4. 12th & Delaware: A documentary following an abortion clinic and crisis pregnancy center located on the same corner in Florida. Honestly, this had me on the edge of my seat. It’s very gut-wrenching to see how far the anti-abortion protestors go to stop women seeking care, and how far the abortion clinic will go to help those women. One of my favorite movies. You can find it on HBO, HBONOW.
5. Reversing Roe: A documentary on the dwindling abortion and reproductive rights in the United States. Fair warning: it’ll give you [more] nightmares about our current political state. You can check it out on NETFLIX.
We are getting close to 400,000! We need more people to show they are against what Tumblr is doing. What they are doing is censoring people and believing what they are doing is right. Its the same shit the FCC did claiming that taking down net neutrality was good for everyone that we idiots don’t know shit.
Don’t let Tumblr get away with what they are doing and let’s keep it going. Post this everywhere. Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Snapchat, YouTube, or wherever you guys want, but let’s keep the fight going!!!