- flickering neon motel signs that always seem to be missing a really significant letter rendering the glowing word or phrase meaningless
- carnivals that move from town to town; the air hot and ripe with secrets and the sugar-icing scent of cotton candy
- those nights when the wind sounds like the breath of the beautiful stranger sleeping next to you
- crop circles and fields of singed grass where local residents claim alien ships land on the darker eves of the year
- the back alleys of the dingiest night club on the block that look like places where serial killers claim their victims or superheroes swoop to the rescue or cults practice witchcraft
- those nineties themed diners with rollerblading waiters, jukeboxes and cold fries but bucketlist worthy milkshakes
- sitting atop a rooftop you skilfully climbed up but with a terrifying prospect of getting down, pointing to every star that never granted you wishes running your hands through your best friend’s hair and the air feels like warm milk in the throat
- listening to a stream gurgling and gargling rocks in a forest so green it’s like sitting in the heart of an emerald
- binge watching the X-Files in your pajamas there’s chocolate chip ice cream and your two dogs are cuddled up against you, one on your lap and the other curled around your ankles
- greenhouses that swim with sunlight all these exotic flowers that you can’t name aquamarine and scarlet and canary yellow blooms it smells like dirt and honeysuckle and budding life
anyway feel free to use these verses against anti-immigration Christians:
“When the alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.” Leviticus 19:33-34
“For the Lord your God…loves the strangers, providing them food and clothing. You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.” Deuteronomy 10:18-19
“Cursed be anyone who deprives the alien…of justice.” Deuteronomy 27:19
“Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.” Zechariah 7:10
“Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.” Romans 12:13
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.” Matthew 25:41-43
When People Say Movie Audiences Are Not Accepting of a Female Action Hero:
$102,515,793 & an Oscar Nomination with a possible sequel in the works.
$118,311,368 (making back its budget).
$136,307,228 with 2 movies/a $30 million budget.
$163,789,606 with 2 more movies coming out.
$196,828,266 with 2 movies.
$222,412,919 with 4 movies/a 5th in development.
$244,523,928 with 5 movies.
$269,361,252 with 4 movies/a 5th in development.
And of course…
$1,169,814,624 with one more coming out.
The Hunger Games was the #3 movie of 2012 after Avengers & Dark Knight Rises.
Catching Fire was the #1 movie of 2013.
Mockingjay - Part 1 was the #2 movie of 2014 after American Sniper.
I’m really surprised that we don’t have more female-driven films, not just action films. Pitch Perfect 2 just made a ton of money and Tomorrowland - starring Britt Robertson in the lead - just won Memorial Day weekend. So can we get more movies like this out there?
Mmmkay, when an INTx decides to willingly show their emotions, which they apparently don’t have, you’re a lucky person. You’re in the inner circle now. They’re committed to you, and there’s hardly a type that’s as loyal as an INTx. There might not be a lot of people on the inside, but the ones who are will be followed to the ends of the earth and back. And while every person is different, most INTxs won’t want a lecture and especially “come cry with me and all my friends over a glass of chardonnay” session. A few words to show you care, watching a show together, going for a walk, or maybe just sitting beside each other, not talking, but just being there.
But have you ever noticed that your INTx is acting strange around you? Not just a usual level of reservation, but a lack of showing any of the following “weak” emotions: depression, stress, embarrassment, etc? Then did you follow them and find them in a laundry room, sobbing? Whoa, wait a second, when did we go from healthy coping methods to unhealthy crying alone in dark rooms? And it can’t possibly be my fault, can it?
Newsflash: I’m sorry, but it kinda probably is. INTxs, like literally everyone else on this planet, go to people they’re comfortable with. If there’s no one trusted around, they resort to either a) keeping it all inside, or b) trying to deal with it themselves. And INTxs are smart and independent, they deal with things themselves all the time. But sometimes, even we need a literal shoulder to cry on.
So what are you doing that’s alienating your resident INTx, and what can you do to help? Here’s one thing, for starters: when we show emotion, treat us like a normal human being! Don’t mock us for being emotional. Don’t condescendingly congratulate us for “being normal”. Just show a little respect. Ask what you can do to help. Which leads me to my second point: If we say we want to be left alone, just do it. Although it might be difficult to ask for help initially, if someone approaches us with an offer, we’ll probably accept it if we need it. But sometimes people just want to be left alone to calm down. And that’s okay! Nothing makes an stressed
person more stressed and uncomfortable than someone saying “Well, I’m not going to leave until you tell me why you’re feeling bad.” This creates a terrible environment that creates a “you do this or else I’ll stay here and make you feel even more uneasy” ultimatum.
sometimes INTx hold back our emotions because we know you’re going to make a huge deal out of it and make everything exponentially more awkward for us.
Def Jam/Rush Associated Label released this promo in 1991 to launch Prince Paul’s label ‘Dew Doo Man Records’. The first release was planned to be Resident Alien’s concept album “It Takes A Nation Of Suckas To Let Us In’. A 12” called “Mr. Boops” was put out but its sells didn’t reach the expectations, and the full length album languished unreleased. The label didn’t care for any of the other acts Prince Paul had waiting in the wings and eventually closed its doors in 1991.
Fandom: Supergirl Rating: K+ Pairings: None Summary: Space Dad J’onn & Cool Space Cousin M’gann save the day. A/N: Goes with this. Kind of. Tangentially? IDK I just feel like there’s a dearth of ridiculous nonsense in this fandom. And that is absolutely what this is, btw. Ridiculous nonsense.
Agent Vasquez…how bad is it?”
estimate that about seventy to seventy-five percent of the city has
been affected, sir. The mayor has declared a state of emergency, and
both General and Major Lane are en route to provide military back up,
scowl deepens. Major Lane, he doesn’t mind. General Lane, however,
he’d just as soon keep out of National City’s limits, no matter how
dire the situation.