I MADE UP A BACKSTORY FOR JACK AND HIS EGOS! (Think of this as a little story of how they all came to be.)
(Since Robbie (zombie Jack) is apparently an ego now, I made a little paragraph for him too. I’ve seen somewhere that his name is Robbie, so that’s the name I’m going with.)
This idea literally came into my head a few minutes ago. (I’m so fucking proud of this post omg! XD)
So basically, there were a bunch of scientists who wanted to see if they could extract a human conscience and split it into its individual parts. They had tried experiments multiple times but failed. Then, they found a way that they were sure would finally work, but they needed a test subject.
Enter Jack. Jack was kidnapped by the scientists and experimented on. His conscience was extracted and split into individual parts, his body was cloned and the main bulk of his conscience was implanted back into him. Jack survived the experience and the experiment was a success. And so, the egos were born.
They and Jack were kept in the lab and experimented on until they escaped. They now all live in one apartment, with Jack trying to continue his life, making it seemed like nothing happened and the egos hiding from the world so they wouldn’t be recaptured. Anti however, is the odd ball. Where the others just want to live their lives as normally as they can, Anti wants revenge. He wants the world to know what they have been through and he wants the scientists to burn for what they did. This is why he craves attention so much: he wants the world to know what happened to him and the other egos in hopes that the scientists will be found out.
Here’s a run down on each ego and the part of Jack’s conscience they represent:
- Chase Brody was born from Jack’s feelings of being a father-figure to his community. He also has a bit of Jack’s childish nature in him, as who else would spend hours throwing tea bags into cups or firing nerf guns?! He is very skilled with real firearms though, the exact opposite to Jack who is usually quite passive and clumsy. He was caught by the scientists multiple times talking about a woman called ‘Stacy’ and claiming to have kids, though there s no evidence to prove that either actually exist, as Chase is nothing more that a clone and had never had contact with humans other than the scientists (none of which were called Stacy) and other egos at that point. The scientists believed Chase’s belief of having a family was caused by an error that occurred during his creation process, though no one knows for sure.
- Dr. Schneeplestein was born from Jack’s desire to help and save people. He is also very caring and is very good with a scalpel. He fulfills his role as a doctor well, fixing anything from simple cuts and bruises to slit throats and gunshot wounds to the head (*cough*Chase*cough*). The scientists were confused as to how Schneeple is such a talented doctor, seeing as he has no formal training whatsoever, and his German accent, as there wasn’t anything in Jack’s conscience that hinted at him wanting to be German. Along with that, one day the scientists discovered Schneeple had written ‘100% real doctor’ on a piece of paper and was showing it to others, claiming it was a doctorate. They listed this behavior as ‘strange’ but found no reason as to why he was acting this way.
- Jackaboy Man was born from Jack’s deep desire to be a superhero (mainly Spider-Man) even though he doesn’t have any of Spider-Man’s powers. He can fly though, which the scientists believed came from Jack’s wish to not be afraid of heights. He, like Schneeple, loves to help people, even though he may not be as good at it as the good doctor. Jackaboy Man, like the other egos, created his name himself, though he prefers to use it as an alias rather than a real name, similar to normal superheroes. The scientists discovered he constantly feared people discovering his ‘true identity’, and despite constant questioning, Jackaboy Man would not explain further, preferring to change the subject. As a result, Jackaboy Man’s real chosen name is not known by anyone, not even the other egos.
- Marvin the Magician was born from Jack’s desire to entertain people and make them happy. He’s a people person, much like Jack, though unlike Jack he has actual magical powers which add extra flair to his performances. These powers are most likely a literal representation of Jack’s entertainer side. Through tests, the scientists discovered that Marvin believed his powers came from a white cat mask rather than the experiment. Before any trick he would (and still does) rub the ears and nose, chanting “meow, meow, meow”. Like Schneeple, Marvin’s behavior was listed as ‘strange’ and no real reason was found for these actions.
- Antisepticeye was born from Jack’s inner demons. He is the literal representation of Jack’s fears and anxieties about not being good enough for people, his community abandoning him, and even small things like if his camera is recording. He is the most dangerous for these reasons, so much so that the scientists had a hard time keeping him contained in the lab, eventually resorting to locking him inside a computer program. He is the only ego without a physical body because he was technically an accident; the scientists didn’t intend to create him, he just appeared when all the experiments were done and caused havoc. The scientists weren’t sure why he took the form of a glitch, though they chalked it up to Jack spending so much time around computers and his deep love of glitchy stuff. Anti has the ability to glitch through walls and floors and can possess other living things, even the other egos; though he seems to stick around Jack more than anyone else, much to Jack’s dismay.
-Robbie the Zombie isn’t actually a part of Jack’s conscience. Mostly because he didn’t get the chance to have any of Jack’s conscience implanted into him. Almost immediately after he was created, he was possessed by Anti and went on a rampage, killing multiple scientists and almost killing the other clones and Jack himself. He was only stopped after other scientists managed to hold him down and pull Anti out. It was this incident that lead to Anti being trapped in the computer program. The strain of the possession lead to Robbie looking how he does (grey skin, pale white eyes) and also appeared to kill him, so his body was thrown into a dump behind the lab. However, during the other clone’s escape, Robbie mysteriously came back to life, only saying he was “woken by the sound of people screaming.” Robbie has no special powers per se, though being undead means that no bullets, knives or other weapons can hurt him, though beheading him will definitely do the trick. He also likes to refer to himself in third person, though no one knows why.
(So, yeah. That’s my backstory for the egos. Shit, this was so long, I’m so sorry! If you read all this though, thank you so much! It was just a random idea I had.
I’m actually writing a fanfic based on this!