Hey who wants to start using an Official™ Overwatch code/etiquette system with me
These are mostly for those who might not enter the voice chat for various reasons, and can only communicate with using the text chat and voice options.
I’ll start, suggestions/additions to this post welcome:
- When you say your ultimate is ready (100%) THREE TIMES IN A ROW, you are about to use it.
IE: “Zarya: Graviton Surge is Ready! (x3)”
“We’re on the objective and Zarya’s saying she’s got her ult, I guess she’s about to use it, so I should take advantage with mine too when she does”
- If you are on The Objective™ during a skirmish, that means you actually want to fight with others to practice the character you chose.
IE: If you’re skirmishing in Ilios, and you step into the lighthouse, it means you want to practice
- If a Healer character is saying “I need healing,” ESPECIALLY if they are the only healer, that means THEY ARE IN DANGER and need immediate help.
IE: “Mercy: I need healing!”
“Why is our only healer telling us I need healing? OH SHIT Tracer’s shooting her to death! We need to kill the enemy Tracer!”
- Please ASK or TELL your team that you’re going to play Hanzo or Widowmaker on Offense, so that they can coordinate with you. It’s far better to know a sniper is being chosen by someone competent AND considerate.
IE: “I’m going to play Widowmaker to get a lot of picks to help you out” “Okay but swap out if we’re not making progress” “Got it”
- In Competitive Play: state which characters you might swap into in advance so that others will know how to work with you and coordinate their own character choices as well, if you wind up switching.
- In Comp: ask about, establish or suggest potential strategies for the team so that there’s a range of options to try.
IE: “Hey, are we going to the left, right, or up the middle? Who should be the distraction?”
- If someone asks you if they can use the character you picked- ACTUALLY RESPOND TO THEM. You’re allowed to say “no,” but that person is asking and expecting an answer. Please give them one.
IE: “Hey, can I try Genji?” “Sure”
- In Comp, if your teammate(s) or opponent(s) state that they have a troll/griefer on their team and they ask everyone in the match to report them- if what they say holds up, then do it, as well as blocking them. You don’t want to wind up with them on your team as well later on.
- IE: “Opponent: Hey, our Roadhog player complained when our team asked for their help, and then they left the match. Can everyone please report him?”