Our memories and my hope are the only things keeping me hooked on you. Our memories are nebulous, but whatever I remember I cherish. You are my thoughts 24/7 and I can’t help but reminisce to when both of us were so clueless, innocent and young. No words can describe this feeling I have of constantly waiting for you. I hope I can stop waiting soon.
Alec (who is tall, big, strong and trained) slams Clary (who is tiny, untrained, unprepared) against a wall and threatens to kill her when she confronts him about his sexuality
Alec gets flustered and the two have an amusing exchange when Clary confronts Alec about his sexuality
Clary and Izzy have a hard time getting along at first bc both of them have always been the only female in their surrounding males' lives
Izzy shows immediate support to Clary and they bond almost instantly
Alec makes a row of comments about Magnus's sexuality that have made the bisexual fans of the books uncomfortable
Alec is aware of Magnus's sexuality from the very second of their acquaintance and he doesn't give two shits
Alec is conflicted because when he dies, Magnus will probably move on and find other people to love
Alec is conflicted because when he dies, he will cause Magnus pain
Alec and Magnus get together because Magnus is the only male who'd taken interest in the shadowhunter. this grows into actual feelings only later.
Alec cares about Magnus from the start. It was evident in the little things like giving his strength to the warlock and staying behind to help him clean the apartment because he didn't want Magnus to waste any more energy and feeling the need to explain his marriage situation to Magnus although he didn't have to, the "Magnus is... quite magical. He's very very good at magic" line, etc.
portray Alec as a basically invisible installment to his siblings, only killed his first demon at 18 (which is quite late for a shadowhutner), doesn't really have any memorable traits except being a good archer (yet he gets outdone by a mundane beginner at some point)
portrays Alec as a strong, confident leader who challenges his inner conflicts instead of recoiling and becoming invisible to escape them, still always has his siblings' backs but somehow is not reduced to the background, is actually likable from the very beginning
Clary yells at her mom and storms out when she comes out of the coma
Clary hugs her mom and tells her "right now I just need my mom" when she comes out of the coma
leave such important parts of Magnus's and Alec's development as their first kiss and their first date and their first actual conversation out of the main books.
2 Jews 3 opinions factoid actually just statistical error. The average
Jew holds 5 opinions. Jewish Georg, who lives in a cave and holds less
than 1/15 millionth of an opinion, is an outlier and should not have
A playlist for two smart idiots who are in love, and will get their happy ending someday… and for the fandom that’s usually filled with angst, but believes in that future happiness.
I love angsty playlists as much as the next person, but sometimes you really need upbeat, happy music to listen to as you think about your ship. There’s not an overabundance of playlists like this for Johnlock–for obvious reasons–so I decided to make one. Songs are about either one or both of their POVs. All of it’s fairly upbeat, and a solid 85% of it is happy. (The rest is an homage to the end of s2 + s3.)
I hope it brings you as much joy as it brings me! Go forth, have fun listening to a beautiful story arc, picture these two running around solving cases while pining, think about how they’re so in love, and remember that eventually they’re going to be happy. :)
I love how Namjoon is so patient with the members, e.g. those moments when he just sits or stands there and lets the members poke his dimples, play with his hair or whatever. I remember an old twitter video around the time of his b-day (not last year) where he even let them hit his chest till Yoongi stepped in, lol.
okay, yes. namjoon’s patience is literally insane and I don’t understand how he does it? they are literally always constantly touching and play around with him in general, but also? like they can be yelling and screaming and running around and he just calmly sits there and waits until they get it out of their system so he can continue like???
There are 365 days in a year
And you and I both know from many unfortunate personal experiences,
That not all of those days will be good.
For some, the majority of those days will be a breeze
For others, each day will be a trial.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is an interesting place.
I am here to give you a few reminders
To keep up with this trying world we live in.
1. Follow your own heart and dreams. Don’t ever let anyone else tell you what you can or can’t do.
2. If you want something enough, you will find a way to make it happen.
3. You will meet people who hate you, and you will meet people who love you, and you will meet people who you think love you. Don’t be fooled. Some people are just passing by in your story called life. They’re there to teach you something, so always be aware.
4. Always remember that bad things and situations you don’t like will end. It may take minutes, hours, days, or years, but never forget that they will end eventually. You can get through anything.
5. You are your own person, not anyone else’s. Don’t let people take control of you and change your beautiful self.
6. The people in your life who make you giggle and smile in the darkest of times are ones you need to keep with you forever. There is always the potential for hard times, and you’ll need someone to cheer you on.
7. You do not have to live up to any standards or expectations. Family and peers and society are constantly telling us that we have to be a certain way, or else we aren’t good enough. Tune out of that thinking and just be yourself. That’s the best thing you can be.
8. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. Being out of the box can bring on so many amazing new opportunities you never even thought existed.
9. A lot is going to happen to you during your lifetime, so let yourself feel anything and everything. Always feel as much as you can. It makes you experience things at a higher level and you can say, “Yes I know this feeling. I’ve been here before.”
10. A good cry cleanses the heart and mind and soul.
11. Appreciate the small things. They can teach you to love and be at peace with everything around you.
12. It’s okay to take a break from everyday duties once in a while.
13. Travel whenever possible, it opens the mind. Go on adventures in new places and learn about the world. You will come back a new person.
14. Get up the courage to talk to strangers. That’s how you meet people. Who knows, the next person you meet could end up being your new best friend.
15. Stand in the rain and breathe in the wide open air and absorb everything you can about the earth.
16. Long walks are something that can clear the mind and resolve many issues.
17. It’s okay to lay in bed with a book all day.
18. Look out the window and watch the snow silently fall. It’s one of the most peaceful and relaxing things you can do.
19. Remember that everyone is living their very own life with their own problems, so always be kind and respect others.
20. Keep and open mind and listen to people’s thoughts. You might discover more than you think.
21. You are not defined by your weight or skin color or career or the number of friends you have or your grades in school or your decisions. You are so much more than that.
22. Everyone makes mistakes in life, so don’t judge a person based on their decisions.
23. Keep your own limits and morals. Don’t give them up for anyone.
24. Live a little. Be spontaneous and experience all that you possibly can.
25. Aim to live a life that you will be proud of and content with when you’re 90 years old.
26. Things in life will tear you down, but time heals everything.
27. Rumors don’t help anyone. Don’t start or spread them.
28. Your soulmate is out there in the world searching for you too. Don’t lose hope. You’ll find each other one day.
29. Treat yourself once in a while.
30. Random acts of kindness can make someone’s day and it can make you feel good too.
31. You’re going to have to work if you want to live a truly happy life. Don’t cheat or make someone else do the work for you. That will only make an unfulfilled and empty life for you in the end.
32. Be proud of everything you do.
33. Self love never hurt anyone.
34. Find things to look forward to. It will keep you excited and more hopeful for the bright future.
35. Leave a piece of you in every place you go and with every person you meet.
36. Always listen to people. Everyone just wants to be heard and understood and feel like they matter to someone.
37. Do what is best for you in the long run, even if it hurts at first.
38. Love with all your heart and soul at every opportunity.
39. Never settle for less. You deserve the best and whatever makes you truly happy.
40. Don’t feel bad if someone doesn’t like you. It’s their loss because they won’t get to experience your magnificent presence.
41. Never fear love. Love can make you grow and blossom and teach you so much. Don’t fear it, but proceed with caution. Broken hearts will heal with time, but they are never fun.
42. Dancing silly to your favorite songs will guarantee some giggles and smiles.
43. Always sing in the shower, and when you’re home alone, sing as loud as you can.
44. Put effort into everything you do. It makes it all worthwhile and you feel better about it in the end. You can reflect and say “Look at this. I’m proud.”
45. Exercise makes you feel good and you’ll feel accomplished too. Try it sometime.
46. You are beautiful exactly how you are. Don’t deny yourself of your own loveliness.
47. You may not be perfect, because no one is, but you’re hella radiant, which is near perfection.
48. To grow as a person and expand your mind and soul, learn at least one new thing everyday.
49. Don’t beat yourself up about things you have no control over.
50. Happiness is not a goal or a point on a map. It is a state of being that everyone deserves.
Now my friend, I hope you can carry these things with you in your heart
Because every time you are down
You can always get back up.
Every time you are afraid
The fear won’t last forever.
This world and the people in it may knock you down
But you need to keep getting back up.
You have to.
Live, live, live.
Live your dream life. Make things happen.
It will be hard and it may seem hopeless and pointless sometimes,
But just remember that things really do get better.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is a beautiful place.
But only if you believe it to be.